Super Sox Box Swap Questionnaire:
1.What are your favorite colors? Reds, rich, jewel tones. What colors make you cringe? Fluorescents, pastels don’t make me cringe—but they’re just not “me”
2.Are you a new sock knitter? No How long have you been knitting socks? About a year or so
3.Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Yes
4.What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? Wool, silk, cashmere, bamboo..
5.Where do you usually knit socks? Anywhere I possibly can. On the sofa, in the car, at my desk, in bed, in the waiting room
6.How do you usually carry/store small projects? I have a few bags I like to use:
a Sock Fish bag made by Zknitter
, a DellaQ silk drawstring bag and a Lantern Moon silk bag I received from my Spring Fling Pal, aka Schnauzermum
7.What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? Anything that catches my eye Any favorite designers? Nancy Bush (I have 3 of her books), Cookie A.
8.What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? I prefer knitting top down on 5 DPNs
9.What new techniques would you like to try? Fair Isle or Estonian socks
10.Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? DPNs
11.What are some of your favorite yarns? Socks that Rock, Fleece Artist, Colinette Jitterbug, Louet Gems, Lorna’s Laces….also love indie yarns like Vesper, Yarn Pirate, Sophie’s Toes
12.What yarn do you adore and yearn for? I love hand painted sock yarns. The only yarns I’ve never been able to get my hands on are Sweet Georgia and the self striping Gryffindor sock yarn from Sunshine yarns. What yarn makes you happiest? Sproingy, non splitty yarn that feels good running thru my fingers.
13.Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? If time and money were no object I'd have to make an intricate Victorian lace shawl pattern.
14. Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? It depends on the project. I LOVE the new Lantern Moon Sox Stix but they’re pricey and I’ve broken 4 of them (and lost one) so have to use an orphan set of half ebony, half rosewood. I also use Brittany Birch DPNS and Knit Picks nickel plated.
15. If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? If I was a sock yarn I’d probably be a Louet Gems merino in dark red. But if it’s all yarn, I’m more like a Rowan Biggie, LOL
16. Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Bit O Honeys, Chocolates Sweet or salty? Both! Gold Fish crackers & Cheez-Its are my favorite junk food snack
17. Do you collect anything? Sock yarn, Christmas ornaments, knitting gadgets, vintage Lucite purses
18. What is your favorite scent? Vanilla, citrus
19. Will you be celebrating a birthday, anniversary, etc. between now and the close of the swap? No
20. What’s your favorite animal? My two cats
21. Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? Cary (3) and Mika (2)
22. Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read.
“Make sure you wash your bananas before you eat them because monkeys pee on them”
"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes
23. What is your motto in life? “Peace, Love and Knitting”
24.Do you have a wishlist? (ie: Amazon, B&N, a LYS, online store, etc.) Please list link here.
25. Anything else you’d like to share with your Sox Box pal? I wish she/he could go sock yarn shopping with me and then we'd sit and knit and talk about how fabulous sock knitters are.
26. Any allergies to be aware of for this swap? I’m allergic to fun fur
27. Coffee, Tea? I love coffee everyday. A spot of tea in the afternoons. Ice tea in the summer.
28.Anything Else? Not that I can think of!
Labels: Super Sox Box Swap, Swaps