a dillydallyknitter: Mother's Day Socks & Spring Fling Goodies

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day Socks & Spring Fling Goodies

Finished just in time:

Hand knit socks for my Mother!


Pattern: Waving Lace Socks by Evelyn A. Clark, Favorite Socks
Yarn: Jitterbug by Colinette, Velvet Plum
Needles: Lantern Moon Rosewood, size 1 DPNs


One observation about this yarn. It's 267meters (approx.292 yards). I knit these socks for a woman's 6.5 foot and had only this much left over:

But it's sproingyness makes it a delight to knit with so I'll definitely keep Jitterbug on my favorite sock yarn list.

###

Last Thursday I received another fabulous package from my Spring Fling Swap pal, who turns out to be the wonderful knottyknitterkris

This package contained three of my favorite things: Red - Chocolate - Cats
The chocolate mysteriously disappeared (into my tummy) but check out this:

WhatNot sock yarn dyed by Joni Miles of Union Center Knits for WoolGirl.com in the Red Compromise colorway.


Thank you Kris!!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

The socks are beautiful! I know your mom is going to love those.

I've never tried the WhatNot sock yarn - looks very nice. Great color too!

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger KrisW said...

Yes, your mom will LOVE the socks! and I'm glad you liked your Spring Fling goodies. :) Enjoy the day!

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh those socks are pretty! I didn't realize the Jitterbug was so low on yardage. Something to keep in mind when I knit for my size 9 feet. Sounds like a job for a toe-up pattern to me! Gorgeous choice of pattern for the yarn too. She's gonna love 'em. And I've never heard of WhatNot Sock Yarn. You'll have to give a review when it comes time to knit it.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Valkryie Knit This said...

OOoooo! That's some pretty yarn! :D

Lucky mom!

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful socks for Mama CPurl! She will love something hand-made by her little girl. I'm just glad they aren't made out of bladder-fucus.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

And this just proves that Mom socks are easier to knit than Dad socks! ;-)

What's with the Jitterbug though? I mean 6.5 is just a smidge smaller than the "average" foot size. You'd think you'd have more yarn leftover. But I'm a sucker for their colors! Mmmm!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful job on those socks!! Whew, glad you had enough..and Yikes, I have 3 different skeins and size 8 feet! Toe up for sure!

Awesome red yarn there too! Yay for Springflinging!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Ok, your mom is going to do back flips when she sees these socks:)
Way cool looking pattern to knit up this Jitterbug in. Thank you for the heads up on the yardage.
Where's the chocolate....share!

Happy Mother's Day to your mom!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Your mom will love those socks!! I love that color of the jitterbug...so pretty! And I love the spring fling goodies :)

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Love those socks, must buy the book. They are beautiful, she will love them, I bet she's wearing them right now!

That red... I love red sock yarn. It makes me swoon.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Rain said...

They're so pretty. Thank goodness you had enough yarn.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Your mum's socks are just beautiful. Good tip about the Jitterbug - good thing I have small feet ;)

I've never heard of WhatNot yarn, but love the name, and those colours are fab.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Those socks are to die for. So beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home