a dillydallyknitter: You've Seen a Million of These...

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

You've Seen a Million of These...

so I hope you can stand one more!

I finished my FLS on May 1st (May Day! May Day!) but she didn't have buttons until this past weekend when Josie, LeftCoastKnits, Knitpsycho and I went to Stone Mountain and Daughter in search of buttons.

I suck at self portraits. (psst..Make a note of the basket of make-up on the bathroom--it comes up later in the story).

Stone Mountain has a fantastic collection of buttons-don't believe me? Click HERE

After sorting through a gazillion buttons, I picked this one. I love the vintage-y feel.

Since I couldn't get a decent self portrait, here she is lying on the bed:


Pattern: February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Heavyweight, Jasper colorway
Needles: Size 7, Knitpicks options
Notes: I knit the yoke a size smaller than the body (and had to so some fancy math to figure it out) but its still came out a little too big.

It's warm here out west but our office AC has been on mega overdrive for the past week so I actually wore it to work today over a t-shirt and was quite comfortable. (Office AC is often on the cold side but it's been so cold we were showing up in our winter boots and sweaters and still freezing) Figures that this afternoon they finally adjusted it and I had to take it off so it goes in the drawer until Fall.

Now, remember the basket of make up on the counter in the first photo?

In case you wonder if the Gangsta Kitties have been behaving themselves, take a look what I found when I came home from work today:


WHO DID THIS?


"I'll never tell"

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

At 3:37 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Mika was looking for lipstick that matched her complexion and sadly you had none.

Nice FL!!!! And you're right that button is jawesome! I checked out that link--I love me some Dill Buttons too.

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger bmom said...

Your sweater is great -- love the color.

I think it was the wind -- clearly not that little beauty.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That button is SO AWESOME! Nice pick. It matches the Jasper wonderfully. Love your FLS!

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

The sweater is beautiful. I love the color and the buttons make just a perfect combination.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger KG said...

Pretty sweater, and I love the buttons! Very nicely done!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Josie said...

Yay -- so pretty! Your buttons rock -- I'm so glad that you actually got a chance to wear it!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Karen said...

They were framed, I'm sure of it!!!!

Love your FLS - and the buttons are perfect!!!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Manda said...

Awesome! I LOVE it! :)

That button is great. I'm glad you picked that one, because I love the ones I stole from you..err picked!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Fujiyamamama said...

Your sweater is lovely, and the color really suits you!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Your FLS came out lovely and you picked the RIGHT buttons for her too!! Great F.O. no matter how many I see...if only I can tackle the baby version! ;op

And tt is always on FREEZING in our offices...sigh

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Andi said...

Beautiful! I love your yarn selection!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Beverly said...

Bad kitties!

Gorgeous sweater! Such a lovely color. And those buttons are fab.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Beautiful!!! Love the button.
Check out my blog for a nice surprise!!!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Heh, I thought so on those kittehs! Woohoo! You've finished and it's lovely, great color choice! Mine will be done soon, though not soon enough!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That is such a gorgeous color on you!! I love it!! Can't wait to see it in person!!

And the makeup...oy! Bad kitty!

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Love your FL and the buttons are fabarooney! Naughty kitty!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger weezalana said...

Lovely! And very cool vintage-y button!

You should get a dog. Then the kitties will have someone else to blame.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

You did check for traces of eyeliner, right? How innocent they look.

The sweater is beautiful, and the button perfect.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Marisol said...

Gorgeous color! I love it!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Well, yes, but it's gorgeous anyway. I love how the little stones in the buttons pick up on the color of the yarn. I love little details like that. Great work.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great FLS! Love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home