a dillydallyknitter: Hello Seattle!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Hello Seattle!

Last week I went to visit my sister in Seattle.

And we were so excited.

On Sunday we rode the ferry to Bainbridge Island and I got to visit to Churchmouse Yarns & Teas. It was my first time driving a car onto a ferry boat and it was fun riding over.

They had a display of pretty Fair Isle sweaters in the shop window:

And the shop itself was adorable with friendly staff, eager to help.

Jamieson's Shetland dk wool was on 10% off so I picked out a few colors to (finally) attempt a fair isle tam or gloves.

decisions, decisions

We also went to see Hello Dolly at the historic and gorgeous 5th Avenue Theater in downtown Seattle. According the theater's website the "ornate interior was modeled after three of Imperial China’s architectural achievements: the Forbidden City, the Temple of Heavenly Peace, and the Summer Palace." This is a photo of the ceiling:



admit it, you really came to see ME


this is my good side


Labels:

17 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

I would go to see thost kitties- they are super cute!

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

sounds like a great trip! And what a beautiful shop!

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

What I nice trip!! I just saw that LYS on someone else's blog not too long ago. I must say if I ever make it to Seattle that is definitelyl where I would poke my head in and visit!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Cats, yarn and sisters...what more could you want? (And not necessarily in that order...)

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I loved visiting Churchmouse. And that whole little shopping area in Bainbridge was totally worth walking around too. Such a nice little town!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Sounds like a great trip. For a minute I thought the photo of the ceiling was some sort of inspiration for your tam! Wouldn't that have been something? Can't wait to see it.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Aunt Kathy said...

I'd have enjoyed that trip myself

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

I loved that shop! EEK I get nervous driving onto Ferry boats, good on you! Nice visit I'm sure! :)

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I love how excited they look!! LOL I'm dreaming of the yarn & tea shop, it sounds like such a civilized and lovely idea. Will this be your first Fair Isle project? I keep saying I'm going to try it - but I haven't yet . . .

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Jo said...

How could he even have a bad side?

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Discoknits said...

Seatlle sure is the hotspot right now.

The Churchmouse store looks wonderful :0)

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Josie said...

That looks like such a fun trip!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a great shop! I hope to make it up there someday.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger bmom said...

It looks like you had a great time -- and the fair isle work was gorgeous. What a beautiful shop.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Linda said...

That yarn store looks fab, gorgeous kitty cats!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Great trip, and gorgeous cat pictures! My cat says she's prettier, but then, she's bias... ouch!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

We just missed each other!! Wasn't Churchmouse a fabulous store!

Glad you had a great time! I can't wait to go back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home