a dillydallyknitter: (Somewhat) Silent Sunday

Saturday, March 14, 2009

(Somewhat) Silent Sunday

Cary Grant, the man



Cary Grant, the cat


Cary Grant, the sock yarn

Colorway: Cary Grant
by
Sockpixie
Fingering weight, 450 yards



Silent Sunday broken:

OK, this was going to be a somewhat silent Sunday post but I came home after being out all day and logged on and saw that a photo I submitted made it on to the hilarious Cake Wrecks blog so I just HAD to blog about it. I LOVE this website!



The story behind the cake:
Last year, after I arrived home from the 3-Day closing ceremonies, my parents brought over a cake to celebrate my finishing the 60 mile walk. When I opened the cake box and read the Yoda-esque (and misspelled) sentiment I laughed so hard that it almost made me forget how much my feet hurt!

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Manda said...

I love it! :D

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Manda said...

btw, today's Saturday ... not Sunday :P

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Casey said...

delicious, was cake. eat it, you did. not good, the spelling.

Oh well! :) Tee hee.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Discoknits said...

That Cary will make a girl swoon every time ;0)

As for the cake - that is pure class. Love it :0)

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Josie said...

Love your cake -- love cakewrecks! Now, doesn't that make all that walking worth it? You're famous now!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Marisol said...

I LOVE that cake---how hillarious:D

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

You have got to love a cake that makes you laugh out loud. Just imagine it's like a cake made by a Russian guru or something.

So nice the yarn it is, by the way
; )

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Lovely Cary's both of them :) The cake is sweet too!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger weezalana said...

Funny cake that is!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Man, cat, sock. Good progression!

The cake made me laugh- but also sorry because I didn't get to eat any of it!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Aunt Kathy said...

I never heard of Cake Wrecks... I will have to check that out, I love a good laugh.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

I can't email you directly. Your comments have been very very kind -- you can have the beautiful child, but only until she stops talking 100 miles a minute all the time. Seriously, without a break. Have fun!

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home