a dillydallyknitter: It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas....

Sunday, December 03, 2006

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas....

Cary supervises the Christmas decorating


Part 2 of this week's blogstalking included a little Christmas themed questionaire about my favorite person, me. And, as memes are want to do, you now have the optional "tag" of cutting and pasting and posting about yo-self!

NAME: Cpurl

Q:Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
A:Hot Chocolate!!

Q:Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
A:Some are wrapped but the big ones are not.

Q:Colored lights on tree/house or white?
A:My living room tree is all white. Upstairs I have a small Disney themed tree with colored lights. Outside lights are colored on the roof line and white on the bushes.

Q:Do you hang mistletoe?
A: I would, if I could find some.

Q:When do you put your decorations up?
A:I start after the Thanksgiving weekend and try to finish by the first week or so (it takes me forever!)

Q:What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
A:My annual cheese fondue.

Q:Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
A:The excitement and magic of Christmas.

Q:When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
A:What are you talking about?

Q:Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
A:We got to open one gift when we were kids.

Q:How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
A:If you can still see green, there are not enough ornaments on it! I have all types—ornaments from friends are treasures, Radkos, Hallmarks, ornaments from trips I’ve taken, hand made ornaments. Almost every ornament makes me pause and remember someone special.

Q:Snow! Love it or Dread it?
A:We don’t get it here where I live, so it’s a treat!

Q:Can you ice skate?
A:Sad to say, my parents spent $$ on skating lessons when I was a kid and can barely stand up.

Q:Do you remember your favorite gift?
A:An afghan my Mother hand crocheted for me.

Q:What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
A:Being with family & friends! Celebrating the birth of Christ.

Q:What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
A:My mother makes these legendary snow ball cookies that are amazing.

Q:What is your favorite holiday tradition?
A:I love putting in an old Holiday movie and wrapping presents, also I love driving around and looking at all the lights.

Q: What tops your tree?
A: A treasured Lladro angel my parents gave me last year. I never had an angel I liked and had wanted one for years.

Q:Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
A:As Snoopy says, it’s better to give AND receive! But Giving wins out every time.

Q:What is your favorite Christmas Song?
A:Silent Night.

Q:Candy Canes...
A:Love Hammond’s handmade candy canes, yum-my!

9 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Casey said...

How nice! I love how Cary is sleeping at the end of the post, that's really cute.

I think my favorite Christmas gift ever was our beagle puppy!

I love cpurls house at Christmas. Her tree is always gorgeous!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Aww Cary is so cute! I guess he got bored huh? LOL! I bet your tree is awesome! :)

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Mmm....cheese fondue!

Cary cracks me up.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Cute photos!
Reading your meme has got me feeling all Christmassy. We don't put our tree up until after Eddie's birthday (15th) as it wouldn't really be fair, but then it always feels as though it only goes up just before the big day :(

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bezzie, honey, you have NO IDEA just how wonderful CPurl's cheese fondue is-- it makes other fondues look like heated velveeta (which, by the way, is pretty rad right there.) It's the most incredible food dish ever! {Add her homemade guac and brownies, and there has never been a better holiday meal!!!}

And the Christmas decorations-- let's hope she puts some photos up. It's the best winter wonderland ever!

Perhaps she is really an elf. A petite-flower elf. With really good taste and a signature color (red).

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I've got to say. Cutest cat pics I've seen in a long time!

Cary is so cute.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Rain said...

Cary is absolutely adorable.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

The expressions on Cary's face are too cute! I can see only a little but I bet your house is decorated so pretty. We didn't put our tree up yet. Plan to as soon as we aren't busy:)

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love Cary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home