a dillydallyknitter: Friday Night Blues....

Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday Night Blues....

This week I dipped into the Stash bin for a re-run yarn post because registration opens next week for (cue angelic chorale music ) Stitches West '07.

This is yarn I bought at last year's Stitches, my first. Yes, you always remember your first time. Two skeins from Ellen's Half Pint Farm. One skein is 50% Merino 50% silk, 275 yards. The other is 100% Silk, 275. The colorway has blues, purples, grays and browns.

It was an impulse buy...I was overwhelmed by the yarnage..and on the way out, my arms full of yarn purchases, I stopped to look, just one more time...
It's soooo soft and pretty....But I'm not sure what to do with it...

....I wish I had bought enough to make a shawl but I was still a grasshopper knitter...

.....I suppose I could make a scarf of some sort...


I'd love to hear your ideas!

11 Comments:

At 4:35 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Mmmm, would make a lovely scarf. Beautiful colours.

I have lots of impulse buys like that ;) I sometimes think I can keep myself in scarves for at least the next 10 years :0

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

That would make a lovely scarf. It is beautiful. Looks like a waterfall in some of the pictures.

I made several purchases like that to when I started knitting. there out to some type of warning on the yarn.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Rain said...

They are both stunning. There are some gorgeous lace scarves that they would really suit. Have you seen the Tiger Eye scarf?

http://tmooka.net/blogs/stitchingirl/index.php?p=422

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh, it's so very pretty!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I think we all have purchases like that from when we were still knitting knovices. Although none of mine were that pretty!

I'd say hang on to it for now. You'll find "the" pattern for it one day.

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet the Riverwide Scarf by Miriam Felton would look gorgeous in that yarn!!!!
http://tinyurl.com/yljoey

Cheers Eva

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Hold me back girl because that is some awesome yarn! I agree, a lovely scarf!! I still have the yarn from the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival last summer. Of course, impulse buying.LOL Glad I have it though and maybe that is what I should use to knit my next pair of socks with. See, you are an inspiration!! Thanks!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Avrienne said...

I'm with Bezzie--I've got a few impulse purchases tucked away, but none of mine look that good.

I'd say, either hold out for a pattern that just screams "Make me!"....or, design something yourself with it!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

I'll take pic #3 for $200, Alex.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Blue is my favorite color (hint hint)

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

It's gorgeous...aging with beauty!!

Yep, them impulse buys, but it is a gorgeous one!

**off to check out these scarf patterns... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home