a dillydallyknitter: December First Friday Fiber

Friday, December 01, 2006

December First Friday Fiber

The day after Thanksgiving, while the rest of the world was sleeping off the turkey overload and others were lined up outside Walmart, the truly dedicated Knitters of the Bay Area headed over to Purlescence for the Pajama Jammy Jam sale. Come On. Admit it, you'd be up at crack of dawn to score some Malabrigo at 30% off. Or, in my case, enough Rowan Cashmerino DK to make my next shawl. And some Claudia Handpainted (and a few other goodies):

This yummy colorway called Begonia made me think of sweet treats:


Ballerinas in pink tutus

Peppermint Bark


The "Midnight" colorway:


Visons of Sugarplums...



I also gave myself an early Birthday present:
Victorian Lace Today

This is a lovely book to look through--even if you're not a lace knitter. I'd rate this one two knitting needles UP so put it on your Christmas list!

11 Comments:

At 3:52 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Holy crap, I LOVE the way you pose your yarn!!!

And yeah, I'd be lined up for yarn too. Screw plasma TVs and game systems!

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Those yarn sundaes look good enough to eat ;)

I want that book too. Maybe if I'm very good Santa might oblige....

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Dave said...

I love the creative ways you showcase your yarns -- very inspiring!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Jody said...

Very creative! I love that Victorian lace book - I got it at Stitches East. Got to see a fashion show of the shawls too - I can't wait to make one!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

I love the way you chose to stage that picture! Very cool. I'm going to have to get more creative in my pictures, yours are very inspiring.

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got gorgeous stuff :) Those yarns really look neat displayed like that.
I've got the book too and I've already planned what I'll knit out of it... everything but 2 of the scarves LOL. I'm going to do a KAL for lace knitting in 2007.
You can read more about it here:
http://tinyurl.com/y8m5e6

Cheers Eva

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Pretty pretty pink yarn parfait!

I love that pic!

mmmmmmm strawberry shake....

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Awesome shot! Wonderful!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Awww that is some gorgeous yarn!! And you talk about me..I've never seen those fabulous colorways!!! I just love how you pose the yarn..So creative!! At first when I saw the C on the cups....I was like, she even got the initials of Claudia..and then I remembered your name.. duh! Glad you like to knit lace...someone has to! ;)

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

um yeah, I'd be there too except I had to work and I don't live in the Bay Area! :) I love how you shot your yarn. So '50s. :) Beautiful stuff. ;)

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

I'm hungry for Yarn Shakes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home