a dillydallyknitter: I'm Thankful for....

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm Thankful for....

My clever and crafty CA$P!

Not only does she send me amusing emails with games to play so I can waste time at work (while looking busy), she sends the cutest packages:


Here we have an adorable hand-made card reminding me to catch some Z's and rest during the Holiday madness, a cute little book about taking naps (an idea I can get behind) and some zesty loose leaf teas to help me wake up!

I would also appreciate any good lace knitting mojo you can send my way as I seem to have lost mine. Last night I spent a couple of hours working on a repeat of my Flower Basket shawl and ended up worse off than when I started! After counting, ripping,re-counting, re-knitting, and counting one more time, I kept making the same mistake so ripped back to the last lifeline and, despite my better judgement, took it to bed where I made the same YO mistake AGAIN. Finally, I had to put the knitting down, take a deep breath and go to sleep.

3 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oof. This is why I don't knit lace! But if I have any good lace knitting mojo, you can gladly have it!

Your SP is too cool--the Ultimate Nap Book, I might need to start practicing some of that preaching!

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Oh Oh! Hoping the lacey knitting vibes come your way. Good thing to take a break, sometimes you just need it! Good luck and cool giftees there! :)

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Lace is like that. Personally, being the wimp that I am, I'm sticking to some really simple patterns, and scarves rather than a BIG project like a shawl. One day I'll be able to knit lace like the Harlot ( yeah, right. I wish!!)

Ooh, and the nap book - great idea. Not that I often have any problems in that department. I love sleep, and I think my bed is my favourite place in the whole world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home