a dillydallyknitter: Forgive Me Turtlegirl For I Have Flaked...

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Forgive Me Turtlegirl For I Have Flaked...

It's been 8 weeks since my last YP post..

Last week, LCK, Blogless friend B and I were talking about the Seasocks Cruise and how cold it will be in Alaska and decided that we would channel our inner 5th grader and make matching dorky ear flap hats. (The scary thing is that no wine was involved in this decision)

So we all bought the same squishy bubble gum colored yarn:

Aracucania Limari
70% merino wool/20% alpaca/10% silk
11sts=4" on size 13US needles



And made these:

Pattern:Earflap Hat
From: knitsimple fall 2007 issue
Needles: Brittany Birch size 15 & Addi Turbos size 15 circs, crochet hook
Started: 4-Sept 7:00 PM
Finished 4-Sept 9:00 PM (including ice cream break)
(I loved knitting with this yarn.)

So if you're going on the cruise, just look for glamazons, dorks, the three of us wearing matching pink hats.
If you're not going on the cruise, why the heck not? Join us!

###

Tonight at Knit Night at Knit This Purl That I found this cute little guy B made for the Mother Bear Project:


Bears in the window!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

That hat is really cute...I hope it keeps you very warm on your cruise...lucky woman! :D

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. I wish I was going on the cruise! The hat is cute...as is the bear!

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hehehe..TG's gonna laugh at that!!

Love that hat! Must make it! Can't wait to see a picture of you all in it! Cute bears!

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ha ha! The pink will make you stand out in the fog!!! Those bears look like they're going to make a run for it!

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Jo said...

I love all the beas in the window! That's a great looking hat ;) I've felt Limari and it squooshy soft.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That's a great hat. Should keep you nice and snug in Alaska (what a great idea - a knitting cruise. Jealous :( )

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That hat is adorable! Looks great on you!! I love all the bears too :)

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Eric & Tony said...

What a quick and fun knit!

The sock you made were a hit at my local knit night.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Batty said...

That hat looks perfect in that yarn! Beautiful!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Ceallach said...

Ooooh, you guys are going?!

I was toying with it and then Mom says she would not mind going....but I have not decided yet....stay tuned.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

Love the hat . . and bears too.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Secret Pal said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

I posted my comment as Secret Pal first- I am a dork and completely deserving of my dork hat.

Dork Hats unite!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home