a dillydallyknitter: Good-bye Summer!

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Good-bye Summer!

Blogless friend K and I decided to say good-bye to summer by driving over the hill to the beach. Here's the view from Zelda's in Capitola where we enjoyed a yummy breakfast.



After strolling the villiage we decided to drive up the coast to Half Moon Bay where, hey, there's a yarn shop. Kudos to muggle K for going in with me to have a look around. It's a cute store with lots of Debbie Bliss and Mountain Colors and a great kids button selection but I managed to leave empty handed.



And the end to a perfect day is a near perfect cheeseburger at Kirks Steakburgers.



I also finished my last bear on Friday so that's five bears for the Mother Bear Project:

11 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Those bears are so cute!! Nice job! You left an LYS empty handed..good for you..I think ;)

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger sophanne said...

dems sum seriously adorable bears!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

I love Capitola!! So glad you had a great day! And Half Moon Bay is such a cute little town (that's my territory too! So close..so close!). Fengari has cute stuff...but I can see how you left empty-handed...just a tad pricey, huh?

Love the bears!!

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Good on you for leaving empty handed! It's easy to do when the shop has stuff that you can get locally. YOu don't feel so guilty.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Awww...I love that little tu-tu bear and I'm not really a pinky chi-chi girl!

Beautiful view!

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fun day!! Love love the new bears, they get cuter with each bear! The brown one is my fave-- and I AM a pink chi-chi.

Enjoy the last of the 3-day weekend.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Karen said...

What a perfect way to say so-long to summer. My brother lived in Half Moon Bay for a year - it seems so beautiful. I was so sad he moved to Colorado before I had a chance to go visit!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

I love the concept of the Mother Bear Project and must participate in it soon!

You bears are too cute! With their outfits and everthing!!! :o)

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Those bears are so cute!

How you left a yarn store without buying yarn is beyond me. Your self control is amazing.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Leaving a yarn store empty-handed? Is that a first :0
I love your bears, they are just so cute. They're going to make the children who receive them so happy.

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute bears -- love the one with the pink skirt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home