a dillydallyknitter: Sock it to Meme

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sock it to Meme

The other day Bezzie threw out this challenge (and there's not much I wouldn't do for her):

Show us where you store your handknit socks!

For some strange reason, I keep my handknit socks away from my mass produced Target socks (maybe so they won't breed) but I'm not that organized so they're in the same drawer as my summer pajamas. Because that makes sense.

Normally my sock drawer looks something like this:



So I tidied up a bit and now looks like this. Those fabric containers were picked up at Ikea a few years ago. I'm not sure if they still have them but I think they're pretty groovy. I even have 2 orphan socks on the right.

So now I need to throw down the same challenge! Let's see sock drawers from some Cali Girls: Carrie , LCK , Sarah & Stephaneener (oh wait. I don't think she likes to knit socks)

And now for my sad story:

Ok, this is where I had planned to post my mystery stole update. But today, after hours and hours (did I say hours?) I finished Clue 3 and felt so good about it I took a few photographs. But after I loaded the photographs I noticed so many errors I wanted to cry. Silly huh? Well, I thought about just knitting on but I knew the mistakes would plague me forever so I ripped it off and tossed it in the garbage.

So now I'm debating whether I should give up or start over. Or write a witty Harlot-esque essay about how knitting is a metaphor for life with ups and downs, but instead I'll just go eat some cookies and visit my therapist:

"So tell me about your childhood. Was your mother over-protective? Oops! Look at the clock. That's all the time we have for today but I feel we've made some real progress here."

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will eat some cookies, and get back on that horse again. The one that's a different color. That's worth two in the bush. Wait....

This is your first major lace project, you are two clues in and have been doing fabulously.

CPurl doesn't give up. She puts out. (I mean, lace.) (Too.)

p.s. love love that kitten-o photo

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Hehehe.I'm still laughing from the about comment. Okay, at least your therapist only charges you kibble or fancy feast :) I would try again! I would probably buy some STR, and then I would try again, but that's me. Yeah, the cookie thing too.

Look at all those pretty socks!! I'll have to go take a pic of mine too!

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love the socks drawers...yikes, those poor orphans!

Bummer on the shawl though. Sorry to hear that! I say go for it again, but maybe wait a few days.

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Oh, BTW, love your therapist! ;)

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh crap! My I woke up with my therapist in my bed!

Love the drawer! It's so pretty!

I wonder how many people will actually finish the stole. Everyone's riding high because it's still kinda new, but how many people will lose steam and not finish it. You're just a trendsetter.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Lovely socks. And you have a real grown-up chest of drawers!

And that kitty pic! I just love it.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That's too bad. Personally I think you were incredibly brave to choose a MYSTERY pattern for your first major lace project! Give it a few days and see how you feel. If you want to start again, great. If you don't, that's great too ;) Knitting should be fun, not a trial.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

I have those Ikea containers too! They still have them but I think they are in black. Your sock drawer looks so neat and organized, I wish mine looked like that!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Jo said...

I love that cat picture! As for me and handknit socks - I only have one pair of my own... all the others I have knit have been given to other people. So, my single handknit pair slums with all my other socks ;)

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Dont' give up! Start over, take it slowly and you'll be fine. Don't beat yourself up!

I'm sure your therapist will agree.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

YOU THREW IT OUT!?!

 
At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! That sucks about the stole!
If you enjoyed knitting lace in general I say try again! You did so well keeping caught up with the clues I just know you'd be right back in it in no time! I think your therapist would agree. =)

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

I'm with you on the cookies! That is a much more soothing choice.

Such a neat sock drawer. Makes me cringe thinking aobut my mess!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

just cookies? Ya, I think you should give it another go. As knitters we all know that things only get better the more you do it!

Love the kitty pic! Had me Lol!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

What a pretty sock drawer. Of course it makes sense -- summer here means cold feet, ergo socks.

I actually have one pair I'm reknitting the toe of because I wore out the ball, but they are in the knitting basket because I don't do socks.

The lace? Well, it's tough. I think I'd stick with it if I were you and cast on in a yarn you can rip back in and use lifelines and all that. . . Someone has to be able to knit it and goodness knows it's not me!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Rain said...

Ha ha, the perfect therapist!

I'd pull it out of the rubbish and frog what you need to and put it aside for a little while. You may at least want the yarn for something else.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

Sorry to hear about the stole, that is so frutrating. It is good your cat is a therapist, ours own our home, we just pay the mortgage.

Thank you for participating in my Ribbit Contest. The contest ends this Friday and then I have another one after that ;)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Now I will always imagine your cat with an accent a la Sigmund Freud.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Ceallach said...

Lambtown.

This weekend.

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why isn't there chocolate in there somewhere?

Does your therapist have any openings?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home