a dillydallyknitter: I'm the Mary!

Thursday, June 28, 2007

I'm the Mary!

Jen, of Woolgirl fame recently held a contest called "What's Your Favorite TV Show". To enter, participants were asked to suggest a favorite TV show worthy of its own custom colorway.

My entry came in 3rd place! And my entry was "Mary Tyler Moore" Growing up in the 70's, MTM was one of my favorite shows and one of the few (only?) shows that portrayed a single, career woman who wasn't ditsy or desperately seeking a man to support her. Mary "made it on her own" and, as life has dealt me similar cards, I have too.



Remember the "M" Mary had in her kitchen? When I bought my house, the first thing I hung on the wall was a "C" in my kitchen.


Well, I had no idea when I heard I was a 3rd place winner, that this was my prize! 2 skeins of a custom dyed Mary Tyler Moore tvyarn!


It's got some of that cool 70's vibe:
And the blue from that famous hat she tosses in the air:



Thank you Jen!!


"I'm an experienced woman. I've been around... Well, all right, I might not've been around, but I've been... nearby. " - Mary Richards

17 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

So pretty!!! Love that colorway too! What a great prize!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

SOunds like fun! Congrats to you. :)

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!
Neat colorway -- what does it want to be ?
Have a great weekend!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Karen said...

How cool is that?? Congratulations.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee hee, you crack me up with that C!!! Great prize!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love the C!! Hehe, I used to watch MTM too! Fab colorway! Congrats! Now I know 2 famouscolorwaynamingpeeps!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Ohmygosh, what a fun idea. Good job on your name! Congratulations.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Yes, you are the Mary.

I'm the lady that looks at Mary while she tosses her hat in the air.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Kristine said...

very cool. I love watching MTM because she lives in Minneapolis (my hometown) in the 70's. What are you going to do with the yarn?

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

What a great prize! Gorgeous colours - what are you going to make with it??

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Rain said...

I'm not familiar with the show but how cool.

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I dyed this MTM yarn based on your description. I loved that show too! so glad you like the tvyarn. thanks, Jana
www.whiteoakstudio.blogspot.com

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Valkryie Knit This said...

Oh how cool is that! :)

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Stacie said...

wow! what a cool thing! I too grew up to be just like mtm... sure, i am married, but still, just like mtm in her dick van dyke days, i wear pants! i love the custom yarn... too cool!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Great prize, and great idea!

 
At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool! Congrats on your 3rd place prize!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger meg said...

I'd forgotten that Mary knitted! I loved that show, also & still want one of those letters on my wall.
Congrats on winning 3rd place- that yarn is gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home