a dillydallyknitter: WIP Wednesdays

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

WIP Wednesdays

Not much to see folks but I've completed chart A of the Mystery Stole pattern:

I have never knit lace with lace weight yarn before so what the heck, why not knit a up pattern you where have no idea what the end result will be. Luckily for me, there are fast knitters out there who whip through these patterns so I can peek at their blogs to see if I'm on track. (doesn't it look like lace bikini underwear at this point?)

Here is sock one for my Sockapolooza pal. Sadly, it's been in this state for about a month.


And, looking exactly like it did last week, my lapghan. I'll be working on this later today pre-BBQ.

I did have one measly FO, finished on June 30. Gryff socks for my sister. Because all Harry Potter fans need wool socks for the sizzlin' hot July movie premiere and book release:


Happy 4th of July!!

15 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yay, the lace is looking good! That's one cone o'yarn there too! Hey, you are farther than me on the Sockapalooza socks! Nice job on them! Gryff socks look awesome as well as the lapghan! We'll get it all done...one way or another! Have a super day!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Jo said...

I love your Harry Potter socks - and I didn't see the lacy panties until you pointed them out!!!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Yup, waiting in line in CA to see the movie your feet just might get cold ;-)

Lapghan. Hm, in my house those are cat magnets.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

I love the idea of mystery lace -- but when I knit lace, there's always a bit of mystery anyhow! Yours is looking lovely.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Go Go Gryffindor!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Everything is looking good!! But of course I just love the Gryffindor socks!! And am now again feeling extreme guilt over not working on my sisters and selfishly working on my Monkeys :( Oh well. I'll show her pics of yours...hehehe...just kidding!! They look great! Your sister will love them!

 
At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HP Socks look great!

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Your shawl is looking lovely! You can really see it in the white. It's so hard to see the pattern with my choice. Ah well. I'm trusting that it will be fine after blocking. The socks look great! just in time!

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Your lace is so pretty - I think I might finally cave and sign up for Mystery Stole too. I've been resisting, but it's SOOO lovely. I think the deadline is tomorrow . . . hmmmm.

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are making excellent progress on the Mystery Thong!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That's one HUGE cone of yarn you're using for the Mystery Shawl ;)

Looking good so far.

Love the HP socks ;)

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Those Gryffindor socks look great! I can't wait to wear my HP knit to the theater.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Rain said...

The mystery stole is looking beautiful so far.

 
At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lace is looking great! I still haven't gotten through clue 1. I'll have to work hard to catch up this weekend!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Batty said...

It's all looking good, particularly your Mystery Stole! It's fabulous for a first lace attempt. You're very brave for picking something that's not just purl stitches on the back rows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home