a dillydallyknitter: Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Friday, July 27, 2007

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Sometimes work feels like:



So there's been little knitting, blogging or even sleeping chez moi (the gangsta kitties are very miffed) but I did get away one night this week to attend the Stitch N Pitch game with LCK at AT&T Park in San Francisco.

Here we are with our beers and my 6 chins:


I think I got about 4 rows done on my SP4 sock:

Here's a shot of Barry Bonds NOT hitting a home run:

Here's another shot of Barry Bonds NOT hitting a home run:
This was LCK's first major league baseball game so I was disappointed that it was a bit lackluster, a little chilly and that nothing exciting happened. I'm not really a Barry Bonds fan but it would have been fun to see some baseball history. At least LCK got to do the 7th inning stretch, eat a ginormous grilled Giants dog, sip a $9 beer and learn about walk-up songs.

We also got a goodie bag full of free stuff. My favorite being the 35cm Pony aluminum needles in Giants orange and the Stitch N Pitch tape measure with a built in level. So now, if I'm at knit night and someone gets the urge to hang a picture, I can say, "Hey! I have a level in my knitting bag!"


13 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I'm going to the STL one next week! Should be good.

And I have multiple chins in most of my pictures too, if it makes you feel any better.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Batty said...

I have multiple chins in pictures too. It's amazing how it has nothing to do with your actual body weight, chins just happen, even to extremely skinny people.

Looks like so much fun. I wish they did Stitch 'n' Pitch in Boston!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

I wish we had a SnP, the closest is Atlanta. Yeah, I'm in the multiple chin club too!!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Hi I'm Shannon and I have Mulriple chins too!

Sounds like a fun time at the ball game.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Valkryie Knit This said...

Wel,, it sounds like you had fun, even if there were sports involved. ;)

I saw an add for one here, and I thought about it for..2 seconds. Then realized I'd never been to a game, so why start now! hehee!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Even a stick like Nicole Ritchie has multiple chins sans airbrush!!

You're so cute!

Looks like a fun time although I'd rather knit at a football game. But nothing in football rhymes with "stitch." So alas it's baseball only!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Looks like you girls had a great time! I'm so bummed I didn't get to go...watching the Little Guy in Sacramento! I soooo wanted that tape measure and level ...hehehe :)

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like the SnP was a blast!

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

whoot! I'm going to be going to the up coming game in Toronto. I'm so looking forward to it, it's crazy! Glad to hear that you had fun.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Looks like fun!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Stacie said...

aahhh, baseball! Barry Bonds wasn't playing for you though, so sorry! I was at a game at Wrigley when Sammy Sosa hit his 400th homer, and the crowd going crazy was the loudest sound I have ever heard! Fun to go with a newbie!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Kristine said...

Good for you! Treat yourself when you're having a hellish week at work! Nancy, a spinning at Deep Color, is working to organize a Stich-n-Pitch at an Oakland A's game. If you have an interest, I will forward the info on to you.

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious why this July 2009 is separated from the July 2007.

Is it something you plan to do in the future?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home