a dillydallyknitter: Super Sox Box Swap!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Super Sox Box Swap!

And I mean SUPER!

It's usually after I come home from work that I find a fabulous SP box on my doorstep and then I'm faced with the dilemma of waiting for better light so I can do a proper photo shoot or being too excited to wait and take the photos under the pale hide-my-wrinkles light of my family room.

Well...I was so excited and overwhelmed by my Super Sox Box Swap SP package I couldn't wait! And I wasn't the only one interested in the big box of goodies. I couldn't even get it opened before Mika jumped in:



First of all, I have to say, this was the best scented box of goodies, evah. The lovely scent of fresh lavender hit me as soon as I opened the box.


First up--an adorable felted clutch in my favorite color, red and decorated with a pretty vintage brooch.


Stuffed inside was everything I need to make some fab socks: a skein of, sqeeeeeee, Scouts Swag sock yarn (my first!), some size 1 needles, a cute baby stitch holder and some very pretty glass stitch markers.

But wait! There was MORE!! A key chain sock blocker! Lip balm, my favorite snack of all time, Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers, "C" sticky notes, a heart frame, a highly coveted Nancy Bush (Goddess of sock knitters) Knitting in Estonia book and the reason that the box was so lovely smelling, a bar of Blessed Juno "hand knit" soap with a wooden soap dish.


But Cpurl, couldn't you take better photos?

Why yes, dear Reader, I could. But Cary, Head Gansta kitty, has a bionic nose.


A nose so powerful he can smell treats through sealed foiled packages


A nose so strong he can smell treats through sealed foil packages inside a air tight Tupperware containers.


And once he discovered that there were Kitty treats inside the box, all bets were off.

And so was my photo shoot.

Thank you ERIN, aka the Curly Knitter!!!!

Erin was my downstream SP in a previous swap and this time the tables were turned! I had no idea who my SP was and I love all my goodies!

13 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

it's not just a bionic nose, it's a secret sense for things like that. you could embed them in concrete and still have no luck hiding them. ;-)

i have to say... pink and purple goldfish crackers sound a little bit creepy...

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger KrisW said...

Isn't Erin a great swap pal? Nice goodies, and your kitty is VERY happy, too! :)

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all kitties have a "bionic nose" when it comes to Greenies. Thomas loves them

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Erin's a fabulous secret pal!! SHe spoiled me for spring fling!!

That package is fabulous..everything so thoughtful!! Enjooy!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Looks like Erin is a great Pal and put together a wonderful selection of goodies for you!

I always love seeing what the gangstas are up to!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

That is a great package. But Mika looks just like a kitty I used to have. Weird.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Rain said...

What an amazing package. No wonder the gansta kitties were straight in there. JUst htink yourself lucky they don't knit or they'd have had that yarn away from you in no time.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe! Boy those kitties love their goodies huh! Awesome goodies!! :)

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ha ha! Too funny that it was Curly!!!!

And she popped your Scout cherry! (that sounds a tad bit filthy!)

 
At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so happy it arrived safe and sound. You were such a great upstream to me and I was thrilled to be able to spoil you right back in another swap! Enjoy!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Jess said...

what an amazing pal and package! Love the felted clutch and pin.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I'm so stealing those fishies!!! I'm like Cary, I can smell fishies 500 miles away!!!

What a nice gift. I love the colors - you were spoiled!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Rebel said...

What a great package - glad your cute kitty approves! - zuma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home