a dillydallyknitter: YPF: Artfibers

Friday, July 06, 2007

YPF: Artfibers

A few weekends ago, LCK & I stopped by Artfibers and I couldn't resist buying some Tsuki. A whole cone of Tsuki. Now that I'm a master lace knitter and all. *cough*

2,318 yards of silk 40% superkid mohair 60%. (Doesn't "superkid" conjure up images of a little goat wearing a knitted cape with a big S emblazoned on his chest?)




Speaking of master lace knitting. I was about halfway through Chart B of clue one of the Mystery Stole when something, probably my concentration, went terribly wrong. I had to rip back about 5 rows to a lifeline that I, thank God, happened to put in. (note to self: when putting in a lifeline on a lace project indicate on the pattern exactly which row you thread the lifeline in. You're not that good yet and it will save you 30 minutes of anguish trying to figure out where you are).

So it was getting close to midnight and I had to put the knitting down and get to bed. I'll be stuck at work all day just twitching to get back at it and see if I figured out where I went wrong. I also found a YO in the wrong place that's driving me crazy but it's below the lifeline so I'm going to have to live with it or start over.

I think I need something like a lace knitting GPS device.

16 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Love that yarn! youa re a brave knitter for attempting a big lace project like that. It still intimidates me quite a bit!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Ohhh! Red!!! So pretty! Glad you had the lifeline in..yikes though!

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lace GPS-- I'm on it.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Love the yarn particularly the color!
I have a strong guess that we both have the same favorite color! ;op

Keep pressing on with the mystery stole!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice yarn. Isn't Artfibers fabulous?

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Kristine said...

girl! a lifeline! how smart! No matter how smart I could be, for some reason with my lace knitting, I choose to be a dummy. I am knitting a lace shawl for the Spun Stitches KAL and finally decided to stop resisting the markers, put them in, and the whole thing is sooo much easier. I have already had to frog the whole thing twice! All because Miss Resistance (that annoying lady in my head that says keep knitting. knit, knit, knit! Don't stop. You won't mak a mistake.) won't let me put in a lifeline! You are inspiring me. I am going to push Miss Resistance aside and use a lifeline!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ooooh pretty! That's enough for a really BIG shawl! Go big or go home baybee!

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Man, if you could come up with a lace GPS device they'd have a yarn called Super Cpurl!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Batty said...

So pretty! I think I need some of that yarn.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Elspeth said...

Wow, I'm jealous - that is a gorgeous color! I went to ArtFibers when I was a new knitter and didn't buy anything, but I'm definitely going back this fall!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

I'm kitting with some Artfibers Ming right now. Yummy yummy. Good luck on your lace. Can't do it right now; no brain. That's a pretty color.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Ooh, lovely yarn.

Yes, definitely, lifelines are your friend (I had to learn that the hard way:0 )

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Avrienne said...

Artfibers makes me jealous! I want to be knitting lace with that now....

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Cloudberry said...

Just poping in to thank you for the great package I got today :)

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Rain said...

That yarn is gorgeous. Thank goodness for lifelines!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

great yarn! love artfibers too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home