a dillydallyknitter: Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rumors of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Finally there's a light at the end of the work tunnel and life is slowly returning to normal. The Gangsta Kitties have taken down the "Have You Seen Me?" missing posters.

I did manage to do a few things whilst in prison, detention , the office working long hours:

I met Amy Singer at a class she taught at Purlesence. Although I brought a camera, I became too shy to ask to take her photo but she signed my "No Sheep for You" book and was very funny and entertaining and very much the kind of person you'd love to go have a beer with and just hang (and knit). While there, I spent the last $$$ I had on a gift card on this:



A Lexie Barnes knitting bag and I love it.

Let's see what else...I finally read the last Harry Potter book two weeks after the rest of the world.

I received my Sockapalooza socks and they are adorable Monkey Socks in a very pretty and cushy colorway!


Thank you Dawn!

I also saw the Harry Potter movie about a month after the rest of the world, in semi-3-D IMax.

I finally finished my Sockapalooza 4 socks to send off to my poor downstream sockless pal.


Retro Rib Stitch from Favorite Socks, in Claudia Hand Paint, Color "Buckeye 006", Brittany Birch Size 2 needles.


I celebrated LCK's birthday with Blogless friend BD & husbands (I'm the 5th wheel)at an outdoor picnic/movie at a local Winery:
(Birthday girl is the one in the tiara)


My sister came to visit and we got went out for some much needed pedicures:

And, exhausted and desperate for a vacation, I plunked down a deposit to go on this:

Sea Socks '08!


Amy Singer! Mama E! Crissy Gardiner! and Brenda Dayne!

And if that group isn't enough, when I read that LadyLungDoc is going..well the deal was sealed.

I can't wait.

15 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love your Monkeys!! Your S4 socks look good too! Yay for the cruise, are you going to have fun!

Glad you are out and about because of your good behaviour now! We missed you! :)

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Batty said...

OK, no wonder you didn't have time to post. You're having way too much fun, send some my way!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Seriously, too much fun is right!! I'm so excited for you that you are going on the Sea Socks cruise! I'm a bit green with envy.

Love the monkey socks and I love the socks you made for your pal!! Hang in there...glad to see there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee hee! You're making La Tourista Voyage to the Homeland. I have strong opinions about those cruises (mainly that you won't be going far enough north on that cruise). Thank god that one is being saved by the fact it's knitting centric.

Glad you've surfaced--I was thinking maybe the Gangsta Kitties would start demanding ransom. ;-)

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Good to see you back again!!! Wow, you sure have been busy. I hope work calms down for you now. Sea Socks???? Ooooohhh, you are so lucky!! I'll live vicariously through you. :)

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I have the same bag and I love it like it's a person. I would run back into a burning building to save it.

Welcome back, we were worried!

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Meghann said...

Lovely socks! I'm totally jealous of the sea socks voyage.....I wanna go!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad your socks made it to you! I am your Sockapalooza Ninja Sock Pal. The yarn is Fleece Artist and I think the colorway said Sangria on the label. My blog should have all the details. http://visionsister.blogspot.com

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Cool! We can trade cat hair!

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

The cruise sounds like a lot of fun! Especially for knitting socks - lucky lady!

I love the new knitting bag. Looks like a great choice.

Glad you are emerging out into the blog world again!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Stacie said...

lucky you! that trip sounds too good to be true! love the socks and just ordered fave socks, can't wait to knit some of the patterns!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Eric & Tony said...

As the lucky recipient of your SP4 Socks I would like all your readers to be reminded just how amazing you are. The Socks are awesome! Thanks so much, Eric

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Nice Monkeys!

Sea Socks sounds awesome.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Lovely socks and looks you had a great time.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Ceallach said...

Jealous!

So would like to go on a knitting cruise.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home