a dillydallyknitter: Happy Blogiversary to ME!

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Happy Blogiversary to ME!

It's been one year since I started my Knitting Crazy Cat Lady blog and I've come a long knittin' way-- and have so much more to learn, but here are 10 things I've learned so far:

1. The average Knitter is a kind, generous and creative person.
2. Knitting is addictive.
3. I've spent more on yarn this past year than I'd like to admit.
4. Many Knitters own cats.
5. Knitters know how to have a Good Time.
6. In less time than it takes to type this sentence, I could post a question on the Knitty board, on just about any subject, and get an answer back.
7. I can turn a heel!
8. No matter what your political, religious, or educational beliefs & background, the words "yarn sale" have the power to unite.
9. It's all about the journey. (Ok, sometimes not. Sometimes you just want to get the damn thing finished so you can start a new project, but more often than not, it IS about the journey).
10. In one year, I've met enough Knitters thru the Knittyboard that I could travel the world and find a friendly Knittyhead to sit & knit with wherever I go.

I planned a multi-photo retrospective of my feelings on yarn and knitting (best expressed in Interpretive Dance), but Blogger (or my computer) seems to have it out for me this weekend and won't let me post photos so, instead, I have written a "Know your Cpurl" Quiz. I'll run it through to next Friday and the two people with the most correct answers(except my sister and Miss K),will win a CPurl's favorite things sock kit prize pack. In the event that the three of you actually take the quiz tie, I'll draw a name!

Click Here to take The Cpurl 1-year Blogiversay Quiz

Prizes: First Prize winner will have her (or his) pick of the following sock kits with the second prize winner receiving the other.

The "Blue Jean Gal" Pack: 2 skeins of Lorna's Lace's Shepherd Sport Sock yarn in 'Denim' with a red silk Lantern Moon bag and a set of size 2 Brittany Birch DPNs.


The "Christmas in August" Pack: 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport sock yarn in 'Bold Red' with a green silk Lantern Moon bag and a set of size 2 Brittany Birch DPNs.



In Other News:


Why am I standing in front of the Golden Gate Bridge with a strange garment on my head? Check out the Knittyhead Fug Off to learn more about the Sisterhood of the Traveling Fug!

17 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I'm so devasted! I got two wrong on the quiz. I should be forced to wear the fug...


cute picture by the way!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!! Wooo Hooo! Celebrate! I love the knittyboards too!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yay!! Happy Blogiversary to you..Happy Blogiversary to you!!!!

I love everything you wrote..spot on!! Off to do the quiz...eeek!
hugs! :)

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Happy B-versary! Man I suck. No fair on that trick one trick question!! :-P

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger knottygnome said...

Happy Blogiversary. i'm scared of the fug.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats congrats congrats on your blogiversary!

And, oh dear, the fug is seriously earning its name.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Congrats on your blogiversary! I haven't quite been reading for the whole year, but I really enjoy your posts.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Jody said...

Happy Blogiversary! As you can tell from the quiz I failed miserably at - I need to read your archives!
Next year - I'm gonna kick some a$$!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I totally blew chunks on that quiz. It's not cuz I'm not paying attention. It's cuz the FUG has altered my brain cells.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Marji said...

Happy blog-iversary. I'm not taking the quiz....my brain is still STitches-Midwest Mush. I've got my own 'versary coming up at the end of the month and I've already started to put together the pressies I'm giving out too. like a reverse b'day party. Happy happy to you.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Ali said...

Well sure if I knew who your 1st SP was, and, and that sweater was your first knitted sweater, and that you haven't done Fair Isle, and that your kitty was hiding from the fug, and, and something else...I would have had a 100!

CRAP! I want a re-count. whatever.

Happy Blogiversary. Love ya, Ali

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger aija said...

Happy blogiversary!!!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

I fear the quiz.
Happy Blogiversary! Here's to many more amusing and insightful posts!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hey!

I just put up my 1st anniversary blog thingy too!

Happy 1 yr!

off to take the quiz!

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Blogiversary!!
Holy crap, did I fail your quiz. But I've only known you for a few months?? *L*
Love your fug picture! *L* I really want to know what the person standing near you was thinking!!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger soapy said...

Happy blog anniversary!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Dammit! I was going for a perfect "0" but went and got 2 right. >.>

I suck. I swear I pay attention! I read your blog with religious ferver!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home