a dillydallyknitter: A Good Day! A Very Good Day!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Good Day! A Very Good Day!

If you read the Knittyboard you always hear about knitters arriving home from a bad day at work only to find an SP package has magically appeared on their doorstep. Well yesterday, not only was I one of the lucky ones, I was lucky twice over!!

Out of a giant Royal Mail pouch came pretty packages wrapped like this:


When opened, they revealed a sock theme extravaganza. And as we all know, I'm a sock yarn addict.


Ignore the white paw in the upper corner, that was about as far as I could shoo Cary, the wonder cat. The first thing I unwrapped was a book that's been on my "list" forever, "Knitting On the Road" by Nancy Bush. It's filled with fab sock patterns that I cannot wait to try. Then there was a pack of Brittany's, my favorite brand of sock needle. TWO skeins of yummy sock yarn. One is from Fyberspates in Wales and the other is an hand-dyed yarn by the Knitting Goddess in the UK. She also included a choice selection of mini Green & Blacks chocolate bars (not only delectable, but they survived 100 deg. California heat! Joyful, Joyful we adore thee, Green & Blacks!). There is a tin of the prettiest glass stitch markers (photo below)




A little yarn Pr0n:
The Knitting Goddess hand dyed yarn




Fyberspates from beautiful Wales


My SP also included the most beautiful card and lovely hand written note. I'm saving the card for my Project Spectrum post--you'll know why when you see it. Thank-you SP, I'm just blown away by this generous and thoughful gift!

And That's Not All...


In a "swap" with the lovely Zonda of Z Knits...and Sews (And lucky for me she really does sew) I received the better end the deal with the prettiest needle holders this side of the Mississippi:




And she tucked in a RAK of some MORE awesome sock yarn!! This time from Sunshine yarns in Massachusetts, USA.



I love the Knitty world. I love Knitters. Yes, we all love the internet deals we get from Knitpicks and WEBS but we also support these women-owned, women created businesses and each other. It's our knitting legacy, isn't it?

8 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Casey said...

How nice - you have the nicest knitting friends, C Purl! I wish I was there to steal that chocolate before Cary does.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Awesome! Don't you love it when the world smiles on you once in a while?

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Ali said...

Great knitting karma. You give so much and that is why you get so much :)

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Westozcaat said...

great gift goddess- u are a lucky lady! enjoy all the knitting love

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I love that Butterfly wrapping paper your SP uses!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

What Ali said is so true!! You are a sweetie! Sniff, you sent me my first RAK, and we've been friends ever since! I heart you!

So glad you had a great package day! Enjoy!

hugs!
Z

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Wow, what great gifts. So much knitterly loveliness.

Knitters are just the best aren't they?

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, the Fyberspates is beautiful! I've been wanting to try some of that yarn, so let me know how it is once you knit with it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home