a dillydallyknitter: Sunday Random Thoughts

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sunday Random Thoughts

It's too hot to think so I borrow from my Knittyhead idol, Ali and give you the cpurl news update:

Just Say No

So I was working on my Project Spectrum postcard for July, stepped away to go to the bathroom and came back to witness this:

A GLUE SNIFFING CAT!!

Luckily I was able stage an intervention before his sister succumbed to the evil world of craft glue sniffing.

Under the WTF file:

My friend, K, noticed this wierd banner ad on yahoo:

As if the day-to-day job of raising kids wasn't hard enough, stressed out Moms should also worry that their kids are worrying about the level of life insurance their parents are carrying.

Don't worry Mom, Daddy marries the hot young gal from Purchasing he's been having an affair with for the past two years and I get sent off to live with that Grandma who hides Brandy bottles in her knitting bag....but thanks to that LIFE INSURANCE you were clever enough to buy, Daddy was able to buy his new wife a Mercedes...

Yes, you can teach an old bitch dog new tricks:

On Saturday I took a Beginning Lace class. Last night I cast on for this Beginning Lace Birch Leaf scarf, did a few rows, messed up, started over. This morning I worked on it again, dropped some stitches, spent an hour trying to fix a mistake and ended up ripping back most of what I learned and started over. I won't even admit how long it took (an entire DVD showing of Mrs. Henderson Presents) to knit this itty bitty bit:

Flower basket shawl, here I come! I looked up from my knitting and saw this on the screen:


Looks like we have some prime Knitting Weather on the Mainland United States...

Australia anyone?

13 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Westozcaat said...

hehe- the only thing worse than knitting in a heatwave is not having a winter to wear those knits in. So far here in Perth, we have had one day under 20 degrees celcius, and 2 days of rain. Winter? What winter?

Enjoy the sun- knit a bikini!!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Oh no! Glue sniffing kitties!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

kate, Perth sounds dreamy--right now, it's 7:00 PM and it's still 37 deg. (98F)celcius !!

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

No way, really? 100 degrees in the midwest? Huh, whodathunk?

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Gee and I thought it was hot here!! Glue sniffing kitties hehe! Glad you intervened them LOL!

Nice job on the lace, now I know why I have no desire to knit it, especially after your escapades! :)

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

I know, we are under a heat wave too. Crazy weather all across the country. I love how pretty your lacey knit is!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Glue sniffing cats! That's hysterical!

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The posts just keep getting better and better! Loved this one.

Wait until Cary sets up the meth lab in the spare bedroom. Of course, knowing him, he will use your Seal-a-Meal to make his packets tidy, and they will be decorated in the yarn he's been stealing from you.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Jody said...

I love the glue sniffing cat - hilarious! I will be working on my post card away from my dogs - who would probably eat the glue - not just sniff it!

I am going to start that Flower Basket shawl too! We'll have to compare notes - I have never done lace before - so it will definitley be interesting!

-Jody (post card swap pal!)

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Casey said...

LOL at what kg wrote! That is so hysterical! LOL!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Ali said...

I like your randomness better than mine. Cary keeps me so entertained. :)

Yeah, I barely have any winter to wear knits, yet I knit away.

Today at 8:30 am it was already 90 degrees (yes Farenheit). Snuggle weather.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in DC this weekend, I couldn't believe how stinking HOT it was! Made me very happy for AC!!
Love the start of your lace, remember life lines are your friend!
Your cats are just too funny : )

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ha ha! Glue sniffing kitties and stupid insurance ads! You're killing me!!!!!

And that map is totally wrong, that giant big red spot is a tad bit further south and right over this hell-hole. Gah!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home