Happy Blogiversary to ME!
It's been one year since I started my Knitting Crazy Cat Lady blog and I've come a long knittin' way-- and have so much more to learn, but here are 10 things I've learned so far:
1. The average Knitter is a kind, generous and creative person.
2. Knitting is addictive.
3. I've spent more on yarn this past year than I'd like to admit.
4. Many Knitters own cats.
5. Knitters know how to have a Good Time.
6. In less time than it takes to type this sentence, I could post a question on the Knitty board, on just about any subject, and get an answer back.
7. I can turn a heel!
8. No matter what your political, religious, or educational beliefs & background, the words "yarn sale" have the power to unite.
9. It's all about the journey. (Ok, sometimes not. Sometimes you just want to get the damn thing finished so you can start a new project, but more often than not, it IS about the journey).
10. In one year, I've met enough Knitters thru the Knittyboard that I could travel the world and find a friendly Knittyhead to sit & knit with wherever I go.
I planned a multi-photo retrospective of my feelings on yarn and knitting (best expressed in Interpretive Dance), but Blogger (or my computer) seems to have it out for me this weekend and won't let me post photos so, instead, I have written a "Know your Cpurl" Quiz. I'll run it through to next Friday and the two people with the most correct answers(except my sister and Miss K),will win a CPurl's favorite things sock kit prize pack. In the event that the three of you actually take the quiz tie, I'll draw a name!
Click Here to take The Cpurl 1-year Blogiversay Quiz
Prizes: First Prize winner will have her (or his) pick of the following sock kits with the second prize winner receiving the other.
The "Blue Jean Gal" Pack: 2 skeins of Lorna's Lace's Shepherd Sport Sock yarn in 'Denim' with a red silk Lantern Moon bag and a set of size 2 Brittany Birch DPNs.
The "Christmas in August" Pack: 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport sock yarn in 'Bold Red' with a green silk Lantern Moon bag and a set of size 2 Brittany Birch DPNs.
In Other News:
Why am I standing in front of the Golden Gate Bridge with a strange garment on my head? Check out the Knittyhead Fug Off to learn more about the Sisterhood of the Traveling Fug!