a dillydallyknitter: A Secret Pal Spoils the Cpurl!

Monday, June 12, 2006

A Secret Pal Spoils the Cpurl!

Today was my first day on the job--let me tell you, after waking up when you feel like it for many months, hearing the alarm clock go off and having to drive in commute traffic was quite the shocker but that's neither here nor there because when I got home I saw a big package on the front door step!

I grabbed it, ran inside, fed the hungry gangsta kitties, and opened it to find several gifts neatly wrapped in lavender and purple tissue paper and tied with bits of yarn:

And I unwrapped them all to find this gift extravaganza!

This parcel was themed at the 'tea time box' because it came with everything I need for a wonderful relaxing evening: Some delicious scented Earl Grey tea (my fav), some chocolate orange ginger biscuits, a huge bar of chocolate, TWO British Knitting magazines and two lovely balls of yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Night and Rowan 4-ply cotton (perfect for a California summer). Oh! And my SP had threatened to send me the feared-by-many US Knittyheads, marmite but, instead, sent a charming fridge Marmite magnet. Whew!

I got the Simply Knitting mag that came with the free needles, whee! And my SP says that one of the skeins of yarn goes with one of the patterns so I'll have fun looking through it tonight!

Close up of the Rowan kidsilk. It has sparkly bits scattered throughout:

And I tried to get a close up of the Marmite magnet. It's sooo cute!


Well, time to put the kettle on for a nice cup of tea and some magazine reading. SP, if you see this, thank you soooo much! This was such a wonderful ending to a long day!

7 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Awww...how sweet! What a lovely gift to receive, you luck girl! The chocolate bisquits sound divine and lucky you! Real tea!

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

What a great package! Mmmm Earl Grey tea - lovely!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Bezdecny Family said...

Yay for the first day of work!!! And what a great SP!!!!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm a doofus, I was logged in wrong! That comment above should be from Bezzie! :-)

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

What a great end to a first day of work!

I am off to google marmite- is it like vegemite?

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

All you ever wanted to know about Marmite, and then some!

http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/marmite.htm

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Glad you had a good end to a long day! Nice stuff in there! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home