a dillydallyknitter: Here She Comes Now Sayin' Noni Noni...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Here She Comes Now Sayin' Noni Noni...

My finished Noni Bag waiting for a zipper and handles!

Pre-felting--this thing was HUGE. I should have put something next to it to get perspective but the thing could've been a dog sweater for a Doberman!


This pattern is from the "Three Sassy, Skinny, Tube Baguettes" by Noni and, be warned, it is a lot bigger in real life than it looks on the pattern photo--I'd say it is about as big as a loaf of Wonder bread but fatter. (Of course, I could have paid better attention to the "Finished Dimensions" information printed inside the pattern but why make my life easier?) This bag will definitely hold your purse stuff and a small knitting project and your chihuahua. The pattern photo shows it with some chrysanthemum flowers (pattern sold separately, of course) but I don't believe I'll add them on.

11 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Ali said...

That bag is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it finished.

I have 3 dogs. You do know one is a chihuahua, right? He doesn't have a bag :( jus saying.

Umm, my word to log in is "vwyshtgy". Does anyone else feel like Elmer Fudd is cussing?

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger aija said...

Amazing!!

(my veriword-- uhomiite! Kinda a dirty jj from good times!)

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Ooh, that is lovely. Almost seems a shame to shrink it ;)

Those colours are fabulous - very summery!

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Wow - that looks awesome!

And I'm with you - I totally would have thought it was smaller. Suddenly, the pattern is a bit more appealing...

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Amy said...

looks beautiful!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

I don't think your bag looks too big! Good job on the felting too- it looks all excellent and perfectly round.

My test word is ofwaq, which I suppose is the opposite of onwaq.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Marji said...

Love it! I made same bag, using leftover LeGran mohair from a frogged project, in same colors, adding the green from Lambs Pride, but ended up shortening it due to running out of yarn. You're right, it's bigger than I expected too.
What are you going to use it for?

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is absolutely amazing, and such gorgeous colors - looking forward to seeing it with zipper and handles! It really seems big enough to hold everything a (knitting) girl needs - fantastic!

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That is one fraggin' cool bag. I need that pattern. NOW.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I love Noni bags---that one is bee-you-tee-full! I've got a weakness for pink and green like that too. Great bag!!!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Teresa Chapman said...

After looking for several knitted-up and felted versions of the "Three Sassy..." I must tell you, yours is the most beautifully blocked and completed thus far.

I would like to see your finished picture with the handles and flowers if you are adding them.

Please post just how you chose to block yours up and how you chose to felt it to look nice. I don't see any posted challenges as others has encountered. I like to hear yours.

Best Wishes!
Teresa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home