a dillydallyknitter: Kitty Desperado

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Kitty Desperado


Some of you may recall that my cat, Mika, has a oral fixation for wires, especially those attached to my personal electronic devices, such as my iPod earbuds or my cell phone earbud. She seems to avoid those attached to lamps and major appliances (thank God)but today I caught my kitty Desperado chewing on my Dell AC power adapter. I've coated it with Bitter Apple spray several times but I think she just waits until it wears off. This latest chewing episode prompted an emergency phone order with Dell for a back up AC Adapter and some cheap jerry-rigging --notice the wrapping paper tube cut-out to cover the wire and the piece of cardboard that covers the on/off button (and the post card from my SP, (Hi SP)!


7 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Pack that kitty her lunch and send her on her way.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

EEEK! What can you do now? Will this work? I hope so!! Good luck!

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow, I wish I had a suggestion for you. Hmmm....maybe tobasco sauce? They're like furry children I tell you. Except kids finally learn!!! Cats...yeah, not so much!!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Ali said...

Hahahahahahahah. Mika and Cary are so funny.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Marji said...

good luck with the wire fixation. Don't know if there is a cure. At least she's a cat and therefore cute enough to get away with things.
Say, do you have Aviva's email or blog? I went to what I thought was her blog but it isnt' there, and I've lost her email.
I wanted to show her that I've almost completed knitting a blanket out of the yarn she sent me.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?

Why do kitties do that? Is it for the same reason that dogs like to ride in cars with their heads out the window?

My parents' cat has eaten through their DSL connection many times.
At least kitties don't cut their own hair. That's what my kids have all done at one time or another.

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I never knew cats did that!

I have no idea how you cure her of the habit - the cardboard tube looks like a good option, though maybe a tad impractical ;)

I know over here gardeners have been known to use lion dung from a zoo to keep cats off their flowerbeds, but I guess that's not an option you'd want to consider for indoors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home