a dillydallyknitter: Project Spectrum May: Green

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Project Spectrum May: Green

This is the first month I'm participating in Project Spectrum. I missed the first two months of the project, March (Red & Pink) and April (Orange & Yellow). As you can see, the color this month is GREEN.


Project Spectrum - May
Originally uploaded by cpurl17.
With the exception of the photo showing the nearby rolling hills of green (now rapidly turning brown), these are all items around my house.

I'm also part of the Project Spectrum postcard swap for the month of May and this it the postcard I created for Joanne of Keep Talking .


In truth, I signed up for this thinking "This will be a piece of cake" and then I googled "project spectrum postcard" so I could steal borrow get some ideas & inspiration and was blown away by the postcard creativity out there. Gulp. This is one project where even the teensiest bit of scrapbooking skills would come in handy and I have zilch.

Anyway, I decided to create a collage of green things. In the upper right hand corner is a little knit swatch using one of the Brittany needles I broke last week. The teeny quote is Elizabeth Zimmerman, "Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises."



8 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

I love your photos!!! They are really fantastic- you could just about frame them and hang them up. And your post cart is fantastic too- no scrapbooking skillz needed.

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo montage is fantastic, are you Ansel Adams??? And the postcard is super-creative -- you can scrapbook for me anytime! (I still need the one from Mal's shower done, it's only been...5 years???)

Beautiful work, my dear!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I'm green with envy - I think your postcard is very nice.

Love the shot of Mika's face interferring with the shot of green yarn. Too bad her green eyeball didn't come out more clear!

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great PS pictures! Your postcard is fantastic - and what a great use for broken Brittany's, of which I now have 4 pieces. Maybe for June's PS posting...

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love all the green pictures!! Wow! I think that postcard is awesome!!
Great job!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Ceallach said...

You know really, scrapbooking involves cutting, and you guessed it pasting.

Any one can do that.

You however, are bringing a certain green panache to your postcard.

Cast your shame and embarassment out into the....well somewhere where it won't come back.

Really, you're fine!

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your green postcard is quite beautiful. The flowery bits remind me of some Japanese textiles I've seen. 'No scrapbook abilities,' my foot!

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I'm the very lucky recipient of that wonderful postcard! I'm so lucky.

I'm curious as to what kind of camera you use. I'm hoping to start taking some photography classes. Your green photo montage is impressive.

Thanks for my postcard! Yours is in the mail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home