a dillydallyknitter: You Know You Knit Too Much...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

You Know You Knit Too Much...

...When You Find Knitting Notions Hidden in Odd Places

Sunday is bed sheet changing day chez cpurl and I picked up the duvet corner to give my comforter a good shake and heard something rattling around. Assuming it was a cat toy, I reached in to the far corner and found this:



Ever since I read "At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much", I constantly discover how many apply to me. Now, if I could only knit in my sleep...

Last night, I finished my first pair of Cascade Fixation KAL Socks:


Our Kal Hostess, Knitpastis, (could she be any cuter? I think not) knit a pair of ankle socks from one ball of Cascade Fixation and I was doubtful when I started that I could do the same but she was right! At $5.00 a ball, this is pretty economical knitting. And they knit up fast, so my need for instant gratification is easily met (why I chose knitting, which takes infinite concentration and patience as my addiction,is beyond me) .

And last but not least, last Saturday was Cary's 3rd birthday. He was clearly in a "no photos, please" mood and pushed my camera out of the way.


Me thinks somebody had a few too many dips in the cat nip.....

8 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Those socks are cute. I love the color.

Oh no! I just found my counter (after ransacking the house and accusing everyone of stealing it) in my duvet cover last weekend.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Happy Birthday, Cary!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cary is so tired of the constant bother of the paparazzi....
Happy Birthday to one classy kitten-o!!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job on the socks!! Um...I better get going on mine LOL!

Fixation is very springy and elasticy...I have to tell myself not to knit tight all the time... :) HTH!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Yowza! Those are pink aren't they? I dig!!!

Ha ha, what a cute pic of Cary!!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Ceallach said...

I noticed a Brittany Cable needle on the floor of the car yesterday when putting the little one into her car seat.

I did leave it there, though.

Where is the link for the sock pattern? I happen to have a ball of fixation...only one.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger weaselrina said...

Its Sean Penn Cat :) (hows THAT for a dated reference).

Ever since I read that bit about losing tape measures in one of her books or another, I can't seem to hang on to one!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

First Happy Birthday Cary!!!
Now didn't I tell ya these socks were quick and.....only one ball too! LOL
I am so laughing at you finding the tape measurer in your duvet!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home