a dillydallyknitter: Postcards! Socks! Attack of the Fun Fur!

Friday, June 02, 2006

Postcards! Socks! Attack of the Fun Fur!

Today I opened up the mailbox and saw this happy face staring up at me:


Hello Secret Pal!!

Then, on my doorstep I found a large envelope from my Postcard Swap Pal, Joanne. She sent me a postcard she had made that featured a beautiful photo of Colorado on the front and inside was our pal Goofy! She also sent me a pattern she wrote herself for "snake" patterned socks. I can't wait to knit those bad boys up and add a photo to the "snake pit" Thank-you Joanne!



On the sock front, after a few frogged starts (sorry Kermie) I'm making some progress on my Lucky Oakland A's socks from my Dad:

The sock yarn is actually a dark forest green and not as blue at it looks here.

I started another pair of Cascade Fixation socks, this time they'll be two-toned and I'm teaching myself to knit them on two circulars. So far, so good except that I keep forgetting to let go of the one needle when I get to the end of a row and end up knitting back onto to same needle while the other one drops to the floor.



And finally, if you are of weak disposition, you may wish to avert your eyes because the other day I woke up to find THIS climbing up the stairs!


Oh the HORROR! At first I thought it was the work of da Gangsta Kitties but then I remembered--they don't touch petroyarn. So....Was it was coming to strangle ME? Or worse, climb in my Stash and attempt to cross breed with the angora? And, if you think this is silly, wait till you read about the Sisterhood of the Traveling Fug. Bolt the doors dear readers because I may show up at your home sometime soon wearing the latest in Fug fashion.

4 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oooo....that's scary! It's evolving to climb stairs!!!

Can wait to see both finished pairs of socks!

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Socks look really cute. Daddy will LOVE!

I wore my socks to work and showed everyone. "Lookee at what my sister made meeeeee!"

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Now here I am sitting here knitting on my CF Ankle sock and your making me want to do a two tone pair!! I should have bought the white when I had a chance. Maybe if you don't use all of your white we can swap a color of what I have leftover (pale yellow, bright green, tropical stripe and maybe some of this lt. lavender). So glad to see you doing them on circs too! It will be helpful to others.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

your CF sock is looking good, and your Oakland socks are coming along too! Cute cards!

ohhhh she's got FF living and breathing and moving around in her house...beware LOL! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home