a dillydallyknitter: Blog-goggles, Knitting Needles, Some Progress (Finally!!) on a Sweater and a Half-Finished Sock

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Blog-goggles, Knitting Needles, Some Progress (Finally!!) on a Sweater and a Half-Finished Sock

1001 Other Uses for Knitting Needles:

Use #106: A number 15 bamboo needle makes an excellent tool for helping the vertically challenged get that summer blanket down from the top shelf.

My darling sister is coming to town (yay!!) so I vacuumed up the mounds of cat hair and put fresh sheets on the guest room bed. (Don't tell the kitties it's a guest room--they think they have their own private bath. Ok fine, they DO have their own private bath--don't tell my guests, they think the nice fluffy towels are for them).

So fellow knitting bloggers--do you find yourself going through the day looking at the world though Blog-goggles, e.g., "Damn, I wish I had my camera! I could use that photo for my blog?" or "Hmmm...I wonder if that growing pile of dryer lint will make a good 'L is for' photo?" Since my photoblogalism world right now covers a good three foot radius of my computer, I make do with what I have (with the occasional trip outside for good behavior).

I've finally made some progress on one of my sweater projects- the Cabaret Raglan and my first time reading a chart so there was a lot of tinking & ripping. Since it's getting warm around here, I can't see making much progress on the Sunrise Circle Jacket for the next few months.

Unblocked Front:



May sock progress:



Apparently, Cary had a rough day at the Office:

13 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh yes, everything and anything is a possible blog topic ;)

The sweater's coming on nicely - and love those socks!!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I love that sweater color and I love "blog-goggles"! Is that your own word concoction?

And yes, I'm always wishing I had my camera on me and I compose entries while I'm waiting at stoplights, etc. Maybe I need help!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Hey...are those socks for the darling sister? :)

Cary looks so cute! LOL!

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's nice that you let your dear sister stay in MY room...

Cary is resting up for that big birthday bash he's planning for himself. It's going to be SO Paris Hilton...that's hot!

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's nice that you let your dear sister stay in MY room...

Cary is resting up for that big birthday bash he's planning for himself. It's going to be SO Paris Hilton...that's hot!

 
At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ... I'm your Postcard Swap pal. Check your email!! :-)

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I love your cat pictures.

Note - knitting needles are NOT good for scratching your ear canal.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Is it wrong that I keep my camera in my purse for bloggable moments?

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

Knitting needles can help you put together Ikea widget furniture! Well, mainly they can help you when you made a mistake because you did not read the directions carefully. Those round things that you stick into the bigger holes and then trun to hook onto a widget screw can be a b*tch to get out!

Your sweater front looks fab!

 
At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My blog-goggles make me want a better cell phone-don't those famous Blackberries have wi-fi capabilities? Heaven help us (and my cell phone budget) if I ever get one.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Poor Cary!

I have brilliant ideas for blog posting - mainly when I'm nowhere near a computer.

I hear you on the camera! I went for a walk the other day and in one of the old horse stables is now a family of goats and the kids were fighting. Cutely. I didn't even have my keys much less a camera.

The Cabaret Raglan is darling.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe, I love the "other" uses for knitting needles... The sweater is looking good, as well as the sock! :)

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Just what 'til Blog-goggles turns into pod-goggles - because you know that old saying - anyone can whistle. Thanks for your comments about our baby podcast! Glad you enjoyed!

The sweater looks great!

Wendy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home