a dillydallyknitter: WIP Wednesday

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

WIP Wednesday

A First Sign Of Fall



And a WIP update on the Everyday Cardigan. I have the back done, the right front and 3/4 of the front left side. After dropping out of the Mystery Stole KAL, it's rather soothing and comforting to knit something so simple. I had been working on baby items with the Cashsoft dk so this Peace Fleece yarn felt rough at first but I love the fabric it makes.


###

At work we're having a baby shower for a colleague. She is fortunate to have both a large family and large circle of friends so she has already received most of the items on her baby gift registry. At lunch one day she mentioned that she'd like to start a library for her baby to nurture a love of reading and voila! a shower idea was born. Our theme is "Read Me a Story" and we've asked people to bring in their (or their children's) favorite book from childhood.

I had finished the sweater before the theme had been decided and needed buttons. I didn't have time to run to a speciality store so I went to my local Joann's and found some Peter Rabbit Buttons

I stopped by our town's local indie bookseller and bought the baby "The Complete Adventures of Peter Rabbit"



and knit a little baby bunny hat:


Hat pattern: Bunny Tail from "Itty Bitty Hats"
Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft dk
Needles: Addi Turbo, size 7, 16" circular and Brittany Birch size 7 dpns
Knitting Time: One evening


"I cannot rest, I must draw, however poor the result, and when I have a bad time come over me it is a stronger desire than ever". --Beatrix Potter

Change one word and and her quote rings true with me:

I cannot rest, I must knit, however poor the result, and when I have a bad time come over me it is a stronger desire than ever. --Cpurl

Now run along, and don't get into mischief!"-Mrs. Rabbit


16 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Those buttons are perfect for that sweater!!!

Gah!!! You are ahead of me girl! I'm about 5" done of both fronts, going slower as doing both at the same time!! Looking good though ;)

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger sophanne said...

What a magical idea for the shower and a beautiful post about it.

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

LOVE the baby shower gifts! I love the way you tied them all together!

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Jo said...

I love that baby hat! It is so adorable! I need to get started on baby stuff - my co-worker's wife is due today, my baby sister in December and my middle sister in March...

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Meghann said...

What an adorable sweater! The perfect shower gift!

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

I love the way you went with the Petter Rabbit theme. Very nicely done!!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Karen said...

What an awesome shower gift. It all came together perfectly - and you didn't even know about the theme when you started!! It was meant to be!

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

The Everyday Cardigan is looking good.

I LOVE that hat - you did a great job tying in the Peter Rabbit theme, I bet the mum-to-be will be thrilled.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Wat a cute sweater and hat! Those buttons are so cute and so perfect.

I think the cardigan will be great when you get it finished.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

Lucky baby! I like the combination and I like your sweater too.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Those little Peter Rabbit buttons are the perfect touch to a very adorable sweater!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

That sweater is so stinking cute! With the hat and the book. That is so nice of you! I need to get that baby hat book. Everyone and their mom is having babies!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Stacie said...

that is such a great and thoughtfful gift! I love them buttons, so cute!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Casey said...

THAT IS SO CUTE! Love it! The hat and the buttons are perfect.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Eric & Tony said...

That is one lucky baby!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

OMG!! I love all of the bunny cuteness!! Just precious! The buttons just make that sweater and then the bunny hat...love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home