a dillydallyknitter: K is for...

Saturday, June 17, 2006

K is for...

Kokeshi


Kokeshi dolls are traditional Japanese folk art dolls and these are some that I collected when I lived in Japan many years ago.

K is also for Kyoto--yarn from Artfibers in San Francisco. I couldn't quite get the color right in the photos because this fiber is a much richer, deeper red than it shows here. It's an exquisite yarn of silk (69%), superkid mohair (25%), and extra fine wool (6%) that's been sitting in my stash ever since I learned to knit. I have enough to make a sweater and have been "saving" it until the right knitting muse visits me--but suspect it will end up being a simple stockinette V-necked sweater with slightly bell shaped sleeves.

I learned to knit at Artfibers and, since it was located around the corner from my old job, I didn't visit another yarn shop until a few months later. My friend Romy finally told me, "Uh, Christine, there are other yarns out there." Little did I know what would happen to my wallet over the next year.....




If you're ever in San Francisco, put Artfibers on your yarn shop tour. I really miss working in the City and going there on my lunch break.

5 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Ali said...

The dolls are exquisite. Leave those to me in your will, mkay. :)

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love your K's!! I'm still thinking..

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Those are some pretty cool looking dolls. But that yarn! Oh the yarn. Mmmm....

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Great K's. I like the little dolls and the yarn is beautiful.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Great Ks. That yarn looks scrumptious.

I'm still racking my brains for K - trying to avoid the obvious (knitting, and kids :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home