a dillydallyknitter: It's 3AM and You Can't Sleep So You....

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's 3AM and You Can't Sleep So You....

...Start a Clapotis



You may have heard of this Knitty pattern? It seems a few knitters have made it. (Yes, I crack myself up)

I know this may sound silly but it's become like some sort of knitting right of passage for me. That badge I need for my Knitting Scout Sash. Entrance into the Secret Society of Clapotis wearers. Passing each other on the street, exchanging an oh-so-subtle head nod of acknowledgement.

When I first started knitting, Clapotis mania was in full throttle and, as a new knitter, I could only dream. (for those who do not know me very well, I sometimes, ok, most of the time, tend to be sarcastic. But in a good way).

And now I'm developing Clapotis completion anxiety. What if I go to drop the stitches and they don't work? What if I'm the ONLY knitter in the world who fails at knitting a Clapotis? What will become of me? Stay tuned, dear readers.



Hey Sailor, you new in town?

7 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger aija said...

they'll be no turning back once you start dropping the stitches, totally addicting :)

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Emma said...

I think you'll do just fine!

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll do great! You totally crack me up, your cat is so funny : )

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bwah ha ha - that is a great cat pic. Nice looking yarn - what is it?

You did get the memo about the secret Clapotis handshake, right?

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Westozcaat said...

i totally agree- why sleep when you can knit

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger soapy said...

Great color choice for you clapotis!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yeah, love the color you chose!! I too worry that when I go to drop the stitches, it'll look at me and go gah! not going anywhere! Needless to say, it is um..in a WIP basket..one day!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home