a dillydallyknitter: Born on the 3rd of July

Monday, July 03, 2006

Born on the 3rd of July

And just in time for Independence Day! My red, white and blue socks, useful for Memorial Day, the 4th of July and Labor Day.



Made from Fortissima Colori Socka Color yarn in the 1776 colorway, these are international socks as they are made from a German yarn company, produced in the Czech Republic and sold to me via eBay from Astrid's Dutch Obsessions in the Netherlands, knit up on Brittany needles manufactured in Northern California, by the hands of an All-American California girl of Swedish, Japanese, Scottish and a smidge English, maybe a little Native American, (via Canada) descent.

Happy Birthday America!

9 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger aija said...

Happy birthday, 4th of July socks! :)

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

As long as I don't have to burn my socks during Bonfire night, they can double as Union Jack socks!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yay!!! You finished!!! Great job BTW!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Happy 4th of July! Great socks! So, here I am in Seattle and it has been sunny the past week and today I woke up to thunder and lightening. Why do these things happen on Holidays?

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Those socks are fabulous! I found your blog by way of the knitty boards - "Hi!" I like the photos of your other works as well and right now I'm on my way over to check out the knitting needle case and fish!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger soapy said...

Great job!!

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, those are reallly neat!

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yours turned out great! I'm happy with mine, but it was entirely too hot to consider wearing them yesterday. Ah well, there's all sorts of other patriotic holidays I can wear them for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home