a dillydallyknitter: Sock On!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Sock On!

Today's weather was so wonderful (upper 70's (25-26c), light breeze) that it lulled me into a hypnotic sense of well being and, as I drove around, running errands, I caught myself singing along with the BeeGee's "Oooooohh...Nobody gets too much heaven no more..It's much harder to come by, I'm waiting in line.." before I snapped out of it and changed the radio channel.

But the highlight of the day was finishing my first sock!! After overcoming the trauma of Mika chewing through my sock yarn 2 inches from the toe last night, and agonizing over my CASP 2 questionnaire this morning, I persevered and have one sock. The other one is 3/4 way through so hopefully I'll have a pair any day now.



I've discovered that photographing a sock is hard to do when you a) don't want scaly dry skin to show b) are alone or c) don't have one of those sock blocker thingies. (Note the large bottle of Excedrin I keep on my desk, next to the computer.)

Lessons learned from knitting this sock:
a) Keep the sock yarn away from kitty
b) What the sock knitting fuss is all about
c) Girlfriend needs a pedicure, STAT

So, you know that giddy feeling when you rushed home from elementary school and you burst through the door, so excited to show your Mom your beautiful art project? That's what it feels like to knit your first sock.

10 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Good job! I'm so proud of you, it's a cute sock too! :)

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a very handsome sock on a very handsome foot!!! Congratulations, knew you could do it!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That's a fabulous sock! Sounds like you're hooked ;)

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger EvaLux said...

Hello, I wandered over from the Knittyboard (wanted to see a pic of the kitty that can program a TiVo hahaha).
Congarats on the first sock!!! I pestered my dad a whole hour by sticking my foot in his face and saying "Look!!! Sock!!!" when I'd done my first sock hahahaha.
Oh and why do you need a pedicure when your foot is hiding IN a sock???

Cheers Eva

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Very pretty sock! And it matches your iPod!

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger knottygnome said...

that is a lovely sock. what yarn did you use?

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yahoo! A sock done for you!!! I am so proud of you!! Love it!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

I love your sock! All pink and stripey.... I want some too!

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow, that sock is wunderbar! I can tell you right now my first sock didn't look that good! And I LOVE those colors!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

What yarn is that? Love the colors!

And your cute analogy of First Sock Euphoria being like Giddily Showing Mom your Latest Art Project was spot-on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home