a dillydallyknitter: YPF, Canadian Style

Friday, May 23, 2008

YPF, Canadian Style

While in the Seasocks visit to the Beehive Yarns Feeding frenzy, I I picked up 3 skeins of the Hand Maiden Seasilk in the Moss colorway. I think I'm entering my "green" phase because it was the second time this trip that I bought yarn in this colorway. It's so wonderful to fondle and the color is delicious and slated to become a shawl from More Big Girl Knits (the name eludes me right now--it's not the Goddess shawl but the one made from Seasilk).

Photographed outside the Empress Hotel, Victoria, BC.



Sea Silk: 70% Silk, 30% Seacell®; 3mm/US 2; 27 stitches/4"; 400m/437.4yds; 100g/3.53oz.

More Post Cruise stories:

At the Empress, we had a fabulous Tea service

Here we are being well behaved ladies...


But not always...


I love this photo of LCK. I just sums up how I felt the entire trip--having fun and enjoying life.


Have a great weekend!!

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn is gorgeous. Green is a fantastic color! I love seeing pictures of all the fun you all had on that trip! Have a great weekend!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That green is absolutely stunning!! So pretty! I love that you took its photos at The Empress Hotel...I loved it there!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Nice green. Kinda seaweedy. Very appropriate.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous green!! Keep those trip pics coming, enjoying them all! Living vicariously through you. :)

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Turtle said...

Beautiful yarn! Lovely trip (slightly jealous! smile)

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarn perfectly captures the season in Minneapolis right now - just the same green as all those new leaves. Your shots of it are lovely, as is it.

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Bea said...

The yarn is lovely. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Karen said...

That yarn is so beautiful!!!! And the trip must have been the best thing ever!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Aunt Kathy said...

Even though I live for anything colored PINK I have noticed a soft spot for the greens and yellows lately. That green is beautiful

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger weezalana said...

Oh so pretty! Love that green!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

What gorgeous yarn. What gorgeous friends! It looks like a great trip.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Great yarn p0rn!
And yep that pic does sum it all up! I can just "feel" the fun!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Marisol said...

Gosh that looks like so much darn fun! What an awesome experience! Hey we should all get together sometime and arrange a high tea knit and get together and Love Joys here in SF!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Looked like a lot of fun!!!! Love the shadow puppet show.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

I love Handmaiden Sea Silk, so lovely to knit with. You chose a really pretty colour. I have only ever splurged on one skein, so just have a scarf, but I would love to knit a shawl in it one day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home