a dillydallyknitter: WIP Wednesday

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

WIP Wednesday

When I first started keeping a blog, I wanted to name it ProcrastiKnitter because Procrastination could be my middle name. Case in point, I signed up for the Sea Socks Cruise MONTHS ago but last week I suddenly decided that I needed a black stole. I even sent a panic email to Trillian42 for some advice on easy stoles.

So I thought about Cozy but I want to make Cozy while I'm on the cruse using some frogged yarn I have and instead, I'm making the Gale stole the pattern description describes it as "reminiscent of gusting ocean breezes" so I think it will be perfect for an ocean liner. I'm a little over 1/3 done. I'm using Stash Yarn (yay me!), Newton's Yarn Country 60% cashmere and 40% merino fingering weight




In fitness news, I captured my very first training step for my 3Day walk wearing some dusty old Avia shoes I bought a long time ago on sale. 3 miles later, my feet were complaining by developing blisters.


so on Monday I went to the local running store (LRS?) and got some spiffy new shoes. They got a trial walk on the treadmill last night and today they'll go out for a 4-mile training walk.



And thank-you for my lovely donors! I'm 20% towards my goal, yay!


Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger weezalana said...

The right shoes make all the difference. According to the new running shoes I bought two weeks ago and have worn once. But that one time, they made all the difference.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Ooh - Gale is quite lovely! I can't wait to see it IN PERSON!!!

And yay for the walking!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger KG said...

You are doing great!!! Fundraising, exercising, accessorizing-- you are on a roll!

Keep up the good work! Fo shizzle

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Keep going! Keep going!!

And I so can be dubbed ProcrastiKnitter too!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

I love the alternate title. I so relate. Good shoes are a great thing.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Good for you getting new shoes and going onward!

Gale is gonna be lovely! You two are going to have a blast!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Awesome job on the walking!! The new shoes will help too!

I think we all have a little procrastiknitter in each of us! So many projects, so little time!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Good job! Shoes look great, I hope you don't get blisters! Good luck and keep up with the training!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Those shoes look great, well done!

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Soo said...

The stole looks lovely - and the cruise sounds ideal! One day I'll get to join one of these adventures in knitting....

 
At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sneaks! This is such a great thing you are doing. I hope all the fundraising goes well. I just donated a little bit too. Good luck!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Gale is going to be lovely - and you can never miss with a KnitSpot pattern!!! Hurray for new shoes - you'll be walking those miles pain-free. :)

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Sharon Rose said...

I just realized you're going on Sea Socks too - I'll walk the decks with you!!
Needlegrrl / Sharon

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I wish I could go with y'all! We'd have so much fun. =) Yay new shoes!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Knitting Linguist said...

Sauconys are great -- and having good shoes makes all the difference. Your Gust is looking great, and it'll be perfect for your cruise (I finished mine just before going to the Virgin Islands and loved having it).

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Turtle said...

nice Noro. Those look like great training shoes! Ahhh, a cruise and knitting, lucky girl!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Thanks for the link to the stole pattern, that's very pretty. Just the thing for (what I guess will be) those cool Alaskan nights

 

Post a Comment

<< Home