a dillydallyknitter: A Roadtrip and a RAK!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Roadtrip and a RAK!

After surviving my cancelled flight in Minnesota, I hit the road again but this time it was for some fun with my Knit Night Homegirls!

Here we are fueling up at Marie Callendar's for our final destination: Filati Fine Yarns in Rocklin.


We're wearing crowns on our head because it was Bett's (lovely woman in white jacket) birthday month as well! LCK is on the left and sitting next to her in the pink is Knitting Psycho and then we have (rav names) Sunbny, Mama C, Txbelle, Tassel Queen and Josie!

Filati was once an LYS but the owner moved to Rocklin but it's definitely worthy of a pilgrimage. Even though we were there for several hours and they have a huge "sale" corner and a ginormous stock room, I forgot to take photos!

I describe Filati as a "knitter's store" because everyone there is an accomplished technical knitter who can offer expert advice (there was a local man there knitting the most delicate lace). They have an amazing inventory but the treat for me is that the stalk yarns I can't find in the bay area including Dale of Norway:


After the cruise, I really want to knit a Norwegian sweater. Ok, I can dream, can't I?

After the yarn shop experience, we shared some healthy snacks and champagne.

We then went out for a delicious dinner and then we changed into our pajamas for a PJ party. I can't post any of those photos because I'd probably be banned from Knit Night.

On the way out of the hotel parking lot, we saw a lime green car with a huge spoiler with his H.S. tassel hanging from the rear view mirror.


I try not to judge, but Dude, 10 years? Let the past go.....


When I came home (btw, it was 95degrees here today!!) I found a RAK package from our favorite Alaskan, Bezzie!

It's an All-Alaskan Sea Socks extravaganza! She made me a notebook covered with a vintage Alaskan map (check out the U.S.S.R.) Inside she wrote secret Alaskan insider tips --I could share with my fellow Sea Sockers but I prefer to lord it over them.

She also gave me a packet of "Forgetme Nots", the official state flower of Alaska, a bar of lovely scented "Alaskan Rain" soap (made with real Alaskan rain), a skein of super soft, super pretty Alaskan spun yarn, Rabbit Ridge Designs, 100% alpaca in the "Juneau Nights" colorway:

And the best--an Alaskan Sock bag sewn by the Bezz herself!! Check out this adorable fabric featuring famous Alaskan icons:

Thank you Bezzie, you made my day!!

p.s. on the way home from Rocklin, we spotted an IKEA and had to pull over for some cheap fun and cinnamon rolls. I spent $6.99 on a kitty tent and they love it!

15 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger KG said...

Sounds like a great girls weekend!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Josie said...

So much fun! I'm glad to hear that the gansta kitties approve of the kitty tent!


PS> MALABRIGO!!

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

When Bezzie posted that bag today for some reason I immediately thought maybe it was for you! What a fabulous RAK! You are going to have a great trip!! Okay, off to finish the packing yarn for camp :) Talk to you next week !!

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Hahaha @ healthy snacks! Gurl you are too much! Great time you had!

And love the Alaskan bag you got in you very thoughtful RAK package!

They are in the process of building an IKEA here and I can't wait!

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger bmom said...

That was a great Bezzie Prezzie.

I feel a trip to Ikea coming on.....looks like they love their new tent.

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

LCK looks like a girl I went to school with. It's uncanny. So now I have to ask, are you guys going on Norwegian Cruiselines up to AK????

I *almost* included some moose poop jewlery in there too--but I figure I wouldn't deny you the experience of purchasing that for yourself in AK ;-)

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Discoknits said...

What a fun roadtrip. And a fabulous RAK from Bezzie. Isn't she so thoughtful :-)

I REALLY want a trip to Ikea - that's one of the greatest stores in the world for fun stuff :-)

 
At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! And what a great Bezzie package!

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Awww... you're going to share some of those tips with the rest of us, right? Pleeeeease?

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

You are goign to have a wonderful time!

I've ssen those little kitty tenst before, I almost bought one but wasn't sure it would be liked. I might have to try it next time I see one.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger weezalana said...

What a fun road trip! And a great RAK, too!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Elspeth said...

Sounds like fun! BTW, I've bought Heilo at Full Thread Ahead in Los Altos and I think they have Dale of Norway at Uncommon Threads in Los Altos as well.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe..I was wondering who was going to get that cool bag! Great RAK's there! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

It sounds great!

The cats look happy in their new gift and you got the best rak! I think a Norwegian sweater is a great idea. Email me if you want to see about picking up (for a song) an unfinished olympic ski sweater kit. . .

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

What a great package. I can't believe it's nearly time for the trip - doesn't seem that long ago you were first thinking about it.

Love the kitty tent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home