a dillydallyknitter: WIP Wednesday

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Patience, Thy Name is Kerry

I'm making very slow progress on the Kerry Cardigan sweater. First it took several swatches to get gauge and I could only get gauge using brand new Clover circs. Since the Clovers are new and still "unseasoned" and this yarn is rather sticky, the honeycomb pattern was painfully slow.

Notice how I managed to let several stitches fall off the left hand hand needle for this photo?

For the size I'm making, I had to cast on 205 stitches, rib 3 rows, increase to 322 stitches, work chart, decrease to 209 stitches, work 5 rows of garter stitch, set up and increase back to a set up row of 245 stitches and that's just the first seven inches! Are all Aran patterns like this?? No wonder I love making socks. AND I found an error because the combo of stitches and charts adds up to 241 stitches, not 245. Clever girl that I am, it only took 2 hours to figure that one out. (and, pssst, I'm not even sure I'm reading the charts correctly) and then another hour to figure out that the error was ME cutting off part of the chart.

Luckily for me, LCK is way ahead of me so I can pester her with questions.

I'm also trying to hold off on new socks for me until I finish my Dad's socks.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Whew! Kerry is looking good!! Yikes, all that increasing, chart reading and you found a problem..is it in the wind today?? Hope it is going much better!! Dad's socks are looking good!! *sending good fitting vibes*

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oof. The infamous Dad socks! Well at least he knows how much trouble his feet are causing you right? ;-)

Kerry's looking good! And you've reminded me why I'm a sock/small project knitter as well!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Kerry's looking really good. I hope the pattern gets a bit easier from here, although if you've managed to cope with everything you have so far you can probably cope with anything ;)

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Good gracious! That is a lot of stitches! I honestly think it would have taken me at least overnight to figure out the count difference. Way to go!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh God. I hope you don't end up having to frog. I don't think I could bring myself to do it after all that work! Wow!

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Rain said...

It looks lovely so far and well worth the effort. Arans can be a bit like that at first but you soon get into the flow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home