a dillydallyknitter: Fridays' Fiber....

Friday, March 02, 2007

Fridays' Fiber....

Brought To You By The Sun!

I'm still suffering from PSD a.k.a "Post Stitches Depression" but, luckily for me, I brought home a bit of the sun to cheer my up.

Ceallach from the knittyboard debuted her new line of yarns Ceallach Dyes at the Stitches show in the Full Thread Ahead booth.


What's unique about her yarn is that she uses the heat of the sun to set the dyes:
I actually wanted to photograph this skein lying in the sun but, alas, we've been experiencing some gloomy weather recently so I took this by the light of the window:



"I'd put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don't have to wait till oil and coal run out before we tackle that." - Thomas Edison

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Over here, if you wanted to use the power of the sun to set dye you'd be limited to dyeing, ooh maybe 20 times a year :0.

What a great idea though, and beautiful yarn.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Karen said...

That's really pretty, and I love that she uses the sun to dye them. I don't have a microwave so I always dip dye on the stove. Last summer someone mentioned putting their yarn in the car to set the dye, and I'm definitely going to try that this summer!!

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

I love it - just beautiful.

I'm really suffering from Stitches envy!

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing to think that someone dyed their sock yarn using the sun! Sounds like a great technique with amazing results. Great photos. :-D

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Awesome. You made a great color choice too.

That's just so freakin' cool. Set by the sun.

You need to revisit this yarn in the future with a nice sunny day.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful yarn! Such sunny colors, it really makes me happy to look at it when everything is so grey outside.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Valkryie Knit This said...

Ooohh... so pretty! I love it. And what a cool idea!

Since I can get out of my house today, I'll be hiting the post office. :)

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Rain said...

That's stunning.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Ceallach said...

YAY! That's my yarn!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

That is really beautiful yarn! How cool that they are solar-dyed too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home