a dillydallyknitter: It's My Birthday....

Saturday, December 16, 2006

It's My Birthday....

So I'll Brag If I Want To

(Okay, I'm a day early but who can wait to rip open packages when you know you see the return addresses and know that they came from the fabulous Zknitter and my very only CheapA$$SecretPal!!)

I'm just in awe....Zonda sewed me the bestest knitting bag in the whole wide world. The photos don't do it justice. It's roomy, it has pockets on the inside and lined with a lightweight canvas so it's sturdy. I just love it and got all weepy when I saw it....Something so special sewn just for me!

Roomy enough for a nosy kitty. Actually I bet I could fit both of them in there. See the details--the snap is reinforced by the same fabric as the outside, which, if you can't tell is kitty fabric!

She even included a thoughtful notions bag and inside was a cute kitty notepad and some vesper sock yarn from a previous swap. (I'm saving the sock yarn for next week's FYP)

Thank you, thank-you, thank-you Zonda. I'm so overwhelmed by such a beautiful gift.

###

And then there is my zany CASP. I think we were separated at birth because we have the same sense of humor. I can't wait to find out who she is!

Inside I found all these goodies:

Bath & Body Works trio set of yummy scented handsoaps, cocktail party invites (so I can throw myself a party), party favors, brightly colored gel pens, a funny note pad, KATE SPADE pencils (so I can jot my notes in style), and push pop candies!

I think my CA$P is channeling Ali:

Thank You Brilliantly Funny and Adorable CASP!!! I love my birthday treats!!! (and there's nothing 'cheap' about it!!)

###

And, finally, on a different note, send some good vibes to my sister. Normally she has a great view from her apt. of the beautiful Washington evergreens. However, since Thursday night, her view has been more like this:
She's one of the 1.5 million in the Pacific Northwest who lost power in a storm last week. If she was a knitter she could've made a sweater by now. Her and her kitty gang are fine. People in Seattle have a fondness for polarfleece so she's warm and cozy.

4 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yay! Glad the kitties fit, cause it was really made for you to tote them around LOL! ;)

Cool cheapy goodies!! I especially love the notepad at the end! Have a great, super weekend!!

Hope your sister is ok!!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

How on earth did you get Z as your CASP!? Ha ha! Too cool!!!

Happy Early Birthday!!!!!!

I'm glad your sister is toasty (you're right about those PacNWers--they do love their polar fleece! Hee hee!)

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Happy Birthday! It's the birthday miracle... at 7:40 this morning I smelled a familiar smell... and realized it was the ELECTRIC heater that turned on. I ran in to the living room and the light I left on, my little Christmas tree, was lit. I think this is because it's your birthday, so thank you. Thousands are still out of power so I feel a little guilty having power back. So, believe it or not, I am still sitting in the dark, KOMO 1000 on the AM radio, and my laptop - seems like all I need right now. All my food is in garbage bags and I have a feeling replace frozen dinners will be a little difficult but at least I can now heat up soup to go with my peanut butter sandwiches. :)

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your treats arrived! Sorry I was away from my computer and couldn't wish you a proper and timely Happy Birthday, but I hope it was lovely just the same.

(And I hope your sister's power is restored)
-SSA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home