a dillydallyknitter: It's a Birthday Miracle...and (more) Blogstakin' posts

Sunday, December 17, 2006

It's a Birthday Miracle...and (more) Blogstakin' posts

News update from the sister front:

As the sun started to rise on the date of my birth....

The lights came back on! Behold the power of the Cpurl!


Anyone need a Christmas tree?



###

For Blogstalkin' Sunday, I've decided to bore you with even MORE of my Christmas Christmas ornaments. I think I've said this before but my ornament stash is bigger than my yarn stash. I'm one of Those People when it comes to Christmas but this year cut back and only decorated the downstairs of my house.

Here are a few of my favs:

Rocket Santa


This is from a set of three. My sister stood in a long line to have it signed by Christopher Radko


My pie-eyed Mickey and Minne - also a gift from my sister

Here is a vintage clip on ornament I got on ebay from Russia


This is a hand painted view of Salzburg from an amazing Christmas shop in Austria. I went there with my good buddy K and had a wonderful time. Austria is beautiful.

Even though his arm is broken, this Santa is still a fav because he was given to my by an old roommate, Diana. Sadly Diana died of a freak heart condition while she was in grad school at UCLA. A former Olympian (swimming) who had a tough childhood (both her parents died tragically), she was smart, beautiful and a great friend.


Two from many trips to Disneyland during the Holidays

Actually, just about every one on my tree means something to me. I love to hang them on my tree and think about the friends and family, past and present, who have been a part of my life.

7 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful ornaments with great history! Glad your sis is ok!

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I love your ornaments!

Happy Birthday too. :)

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Your sunrise made me giggle!

I love your ornaments. It's a shame I'm not in Michigan anymore I would so take you to Bronners--the worlds largest Christmas store.

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Rain said...

Happy Birthday to you
You were born in the zoo
With the elephants and the monkeys
And you look like one too!

I hope you had a lovely day.

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

such beautiful ornaments!

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos of your ornaments! A small sampling, though, can we get more????

p.s. let me know if you need help on the weird things :)

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Belated Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a fabulous day.

I love your ornaments - I've never seen anything like them (have I led a sheltered life???). We don't seem to get anything other than your run of the mill Christmas baubles and balls in the UK.

Oh and re your latest post I think you're just weird enough to be interesting ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home