a dillydallyknitter: Meet Me at the Fair

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Meet Me at the Fair


Last week I went to the County Fair to check out the textile competitions and eat a corn dog. I haven't been to the Fair in years but since I'm now am a victim of fiber obsession, I wanted to see what blue ribbons knitters can do. There wasn't as much knitting as I hoped but some of the quilts were stunning. There was one gorgeous aran sweater that I believe was an original design and a pair of very well knit Pomatomus socks. How lame is it that I didn't take photographs of the winning entries!? Instead I have:

Naked sheep:





And ME in a photo booth:

6 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

I can't believe that nobody has knit that sheep a sweater yet.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love that sheep and the one in the sweater!! haha! So how were the corndogs??

Oh, you are so pretty!! And quite the ham too! ;)

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

The goats want some of those snazzy sweaters for after the winter shear ;)

Hmm, maybe I should raid the thrift shops for sweaters for them....

Great photo booth shots!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Ceallach said...

ladylungdoc....no one will knit that sheep a sweater, because it is too hot here to knit a proper sweater here! At 100 degrees, the last thing anyone wants is a sweater.....or clothes for that matter, but since that is illegal....

But I do have to say that is a very close clip on that sheepie!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I can't wait to head to the fair here!

Love the sheep in the sweater!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Cute pictures! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home