a dillydallyknitter: The Color Purple

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Color Purple

I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it. --Alice Walker



I received an amazing Project Spectrum postcard from Jody at Javajem knits:


The card is so pretty and creative and came tied with a soft purple bow. And inside, she wrote about all things purple. Hard to believe this is her first PS card swap!

For her card, I found a mini canvas and painted it purple and added some collage pics ripped from magazines.


This is the card I received from my SP07--isn't it perfect for Project Spectrum? The back of the card just says "dyes" but not where the photograph was taken.



Drenched with purple,
drenched with dye, my wool,
bind you the wheel-spokes–
turn, turn, turn my wheel!
-----H.D. [Hilda Doolittle]

6 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger soapy said...

very kwel!

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These postcards are so beautiful! Purple is my fave color, so all these great shades of it really made me happy just to look at! Thanks!

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my friends has a similar photo. She took it at a market in the South of France and I think you will also find them at markets in India, Tunesia, Morroko and so on.

Both the card you got and the one you're sending are gorgeous!!!

Cheers Eva

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Purple's one of my favorites. I love the postcard you came up with!

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful postcards! Your creative side is EXTRAORDINARY, I'm so impressed!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Jody said...

I loved my postcard - thanks for posting this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home