a dillydallyknitter: The Road to Beautiful Hair is Paved With Good Intentions

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Road to Beautiful Hair is Paved With Good Intentions

or "There's a Sucker Born Every Minute"



I cleaned out one of the cabinets in my bathroom today and couldn't believe the amount of money I've spend on beauty products, or as your favorite hair dresser would say, "Product", only to be disappointed when it failed to make my hair as thick and shiny and glorious as promised. Where's the bottle of White Rain?

Of course, now that I've discovered YARN, it's easier to not waste money on something as silly as hair products.

Speaking of suckers...


...today I wandered into a little yarn shop to just "have a look". I had no intentions of buying yarn but you know those shops where you walk in and no other customers are there and you just feel like, eventhoughit'sYOURhardearnedmoney that you should buy something? So, I bought some Cascade Fixation (only $4.50 - $5.00/ball) yarn to make some little ankle socks out of. A few days I ago I was reading Zknitter's blog and she mentioned there's a Cascade Fixation Ankle Sock KAL going on, hosted by KnitPastis so naturally, I joined in.


(question of the day: why does the word "blog" come up in spellcheck when you're using BLOGger to work on your BLOG?)

5 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yeah!! I'm the same way with clothes..um..clothes..yarn...clothes..yarn...YARN of course...!

Now don't worry I do wear clothes LOL! ;)

Love the colors! yummier looking in them bowls! :)

I just love to enable people! :)

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

You should see all the unused products under my bathroom cabinet then you wouldn't feel so bad. One day I will throw it all out. Love your sock yarn colors you picked out and you can't beat $4 to $5 for a ball of sock yarn!

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Bah, this reminds me, I need to clean out under my bathroom sink and start packing all that junk up!

Will one ball of fixation knit you a large sock or just an anklet? I see it in the yarn store for that $4.50/$5.00 and I wonder......

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Please save the Ojon for me. Thanks! :)

 
At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't find your email address, so I'm writing here. I LOVE my postcard!!! I'm going to keep it in my knitting journal. Yours will be in the mail first thing this morning and I hope it gets to you FAST. Sorry it took so long. I really enjoyed doing this swap because I discovered your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home