a dillydallyknitter: Countdown to Stitches

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Countdown to Stitches

Next week is Stitches West....it's like waiting for Christmas! One of our knitting friends will have booth there Snicklefritz Yarns(#637) and I'm super excited for her. She's a scientist and the colors she comes up are gorgeous colors. Her blog is here.

Last Spring when we were training for the 3-day walk, she showed up with big bag of yarn colors she was playing with and we all played at naming the colors. She held up a skein and I blurted out "Gnome Running Through the Forest Naked"! Well, she's perfected the colorway (the naked part got dropped but we know he is, wink) :




I can't wait to knit a pair of socks with it.

She'll be there with Pigeonroof Studios and they'll also have designs by Kira K so it's going to be a fabulous booth!

###



Last weekend I dragged Left Coast Knitter out to run some errands with em and we had lunch at Chow in Lafayette. Perfect comfort food.

We split a side order of mac n cheese.

Sadly it wasn't as good as it looks (not enough cheesy richness) but we inhaled it anyway. The BLT & Avocado sandwich and fries I had was delicious.


Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That colorway name is absolutely perfect!! I love it!! Can't wait to see the yarn in person next week!!!!

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Discoknits said...

Hope to see you for more than just a passing hello next weekend - I'll be there Sat & Sun. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Mmmm...naked gnomes. Ha ha! I'm actually a bit more jealous you have a gnome. I keep meaning to snag one at the dollar store for my pot garden.

Have fun at Stitches!!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Aunt Kathy said...

That mac and cheese does look yummy, I am liek you though, I want it CHEEEEESSY.

Great name for the yarn, even with the naked

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger KG said...

you girls will have a great time at Stitches!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope I make it to Stitches this year! And I totally want to steal your gnome.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger weezalana said...

I'm so jealous, I wanna go to Stitches! *envy*

But erm, I don't wanna know which of those colors represents the naked.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Stefaneener said...

I like your naming style! I'd love to run into you at Stitches but I don't know if I can go. Wah!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe..interesting "almost" name! Have a great time at Stitches! Give Carrie a hug for me if you see her and have her do the same for you from me! :)

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger LeftCoast Knits said...

MMMMmmmmmm freeeeennnnnch friiiieeeeesssss.....

I can't wait till stitches either!!!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Karen said...

How could the "naked" part get dropped??? It's crucial. Oh well, gorgeous yarn and a great name anyway. Enjoy Stitches - I'm counting down to the East version myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home