a dillydallyknitter: Happy Easter!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!


On Saturday morning I finished the first Twin sweater:

Dream in Color Classy in 'Beach Fog' (not yet blocked). And started the second:


Since the babies are fraternal twins, I chose a different but complimentary color, 'Some Summer Sky". I love knitting with this yarn. The colors are so happy and the yarn is soft.

I happen to have all the colors of Dream in Color in my stash to make the Tulip Baby cardigan but lately the pregnant mothers I've been knitting baby gifts for either don't want to know the baby's sex or, in the one case where she did find out, is having twin boys.

Later that afternoon, I watched a recording of "Madame Butterfly" off my DVR and I got pretty far with sweater 2:


Can I point out how much I love Jelby's stitch markers--they're just too cute:

I'll have enough yarn to make a baby cap for each one too. Since the sweaters so simple, I'm thinking of the Simple Baby Cap 2 from Itty Bitty Hats since it also has a rolled edge.

Happy Easter everyone!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

This is the first Easter where we haven't stocked up on our See's candy! Now you make me want to stop by there tomorrow :) Yummy!

The baby sweaters are turning out perfectly! Great job!

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Discoknits said...

The baby sweaters are darling - I like that you are making them in two shades of blue, instead of the same.

And those stitch-markers are the cuteness :-0

Have a very pleasant Easter ;-)

 
At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the baby sweaters! SO cute. Happy Easter!!

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger bmom said...

Those sweaters are adorable! What lucky babies.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I love the sweaters' colors. But I'm a little freaked out at the idea of a green beach fog.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Marisol said...

What nice sweater! Lucky babies that they have you to make such nice garments for them!

That Yummy chocolate is making crave sweets and its only 7 in the morning:)

Happy Easter to you and yours!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger KG said...

The first sweater is beautiful! Nicely done, that is one lucky baby.

Happy Easter, friend!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Cute sweater! And that chocolate egg thingie... yum!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger weezalana said...

Those sweaters are SO cute! As are those stitch markers!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Virtuous said...

De-lish! @ cupcake!! You tease! ;op

I am sure you are done with BOTH sweaters by now! Can't wait to see the entire set!

Many Easter blessings to you! :o)

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Jo said...

I love that little felted stitch marker! The sweaters are darling.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Sweet sweaters there! Go you!! Cute stitchmarker too! Chocolate..off to find some now! ;)

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Seeing that little cake is making me hungry. Those little sweaters are so cute and I love your stitch marker.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

The sweaters are lovely.

Can I have the rest of that cake? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home