a dillydallyknitter: YPF: Fall Harvest

Friday, October 12, 2007

YPF: Fall Harvest

I need more sock yarn like I need a hole in my head but I saw this at my LYS and had to buy it because it looks so much like Fall.

The Handpainted Sheep "Foot Prints"
Superwash Merino
Colorway: Spiced Apple
Weight: 100g
Approx: 300 yards


October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came-
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.

The Chestnuts came in yellow,
The Oaks in crimson dressed;
The lovely Misses Maple
In scarlet looked their best;
All balanced to their partners,
And gaily fluttered by;
The sight was like a rainbow
New fallen from the sky.

Then, in the rustic hollow,
At hide-and-seek they played,
The party closed at sundown,
And everybody stayed.
Professor Wind played louder;
They flew along the ground;
And then the party ended
In jolly "hands around."

October's Party by
George Cooper

Labels:

18 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

It would have been hard for me to resist that one too!! All these fall colorways....yummy!! Love this one :)

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger sophanne said...

What a most excellent and enjoyable post. It's one of the ones you want everyone to read!

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

Very nice fall yarn p0rn pics!!
Dang y'all have leaves??? Haha!

You know we are in a serious drought and it has been extremely dry here so very little changing or falling of leaves! Haha!

The poem was such a nice touch too! I likes!! :o)

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Who could resist that? Mmm...spiced apple. That says "fall" to me right there!

 
At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors! Very fall.

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Beautiful . . . and it looks just like apples!!! I doubt anyone could have passed that yarn up.

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Jo said...

Oh, that is so pretty. I've been trying to not buy yarn of late since I am going to Stitches... but I may have to crack!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

I have this overwhelming urge for apple pie now. Think I'm going to have to make one tonight.

I love the colors on that yarn. They will make for a lovely pair of socks.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Wow, that's gorgeous, and I'm not even a "red" person. :-)

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Stacie said...

what a great poetic interlude to my day!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Meghann said...

Hmmmmm, I love red!!!!

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely post!

Looks like pink on my screen, makes me want to support breast cancer research....

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice poem! LOVE the yarn too:) Its a good thing I don't know where to get some:)

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Just the perfect colour! Thank you for my comment x

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Eric & Tony said...

What a colorway!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Great color. I can almost smell the spices!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Emma said...

I have that too! It's so gorgeous.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Very nice poem you posted. I enjoyed reading it.
You and me both on the sock yarn. I just stocked up on more myself. The guilt:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home