a dillydallyknitter: WIP Wednesday

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Not much to see here folks. I started my Seamless Raglan over the weekend.

You know how they say to be sure to check your gauge? They also tell you to change your air filter, check your tire pressure and never leave the house with raggedy underwear but I don't always follow that advice either.

Well, I really did to a gauge swatch on the called for 10.5 needles (Addi's) and was off so I switched to size 11s (Addi's) and did another gauge swatch and it was "close enough" so I went for it. Except, after 6 inches I thought, "this thing is so big it would make MY butt look small..." so I ripped and started over on size 10.5 Knitpicks Options.


I had spit spliced two hanks together so I ended up with a giant ball 'o yarn.

This is the bottom of the sweater- 5 inches in "broken rib"

Lately I've been a monogamous knitter so I don't have anything else to show.

But guess where I went today?It has something to do with this:
Yup! I've been rooted!

Edited to add: Last night, I noticed the colors started to pool once I moved to the stockinette part so I frogged AGAIN but before I did, I tried it on and it was still big so frogged AGAIN!! This time I'll make the Medium size. If it's too small, my sister gets a new sweater....

10 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty yarn shots!

OK, if the photo was taken at the kootcho-rooter, was the camera in the stirrup?

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

AAh we want more reveal pics!!!!

Good girl on the making a swatch to get a decent gauge :op

OOH! I must join the KAYE as well!!

How easy is that AND I must add her to my blog feeds I see her everywhere! Haha!

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Woo! I'll add you to the list!

Did you wear raggedy underwear? ;-)

 
At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rooted!!?? Yikes! Love the colors of that sweater!

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Jo said...

I like the autumny colur of the swatch.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Hi KG, the stirrup is actually in the photo behind me--I wasn't on the table when I snapped that photo (I don't have the cojones of a Penny Karma)

And Bez, nope I wore nice, clean underwear just like my Mama told me to do.

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh phew-- because my next question was if there was Kegel involved in pushing the button.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

That is some gorgeous yarn!! Yay for the medium! Off to seam and get a picture up tonite..

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Love the colors - I think that yarn will make a lovely sweater.

You are brave to even pull out a camera at the office. I juist close my eyes and wait for it to be over!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger knitty_kat said...

the colours are freaking-tastic! Hope it works out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home