a dillydallyknitter: WIP Wednesday

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

WIP Wednesday

First off, to answer a question from question on my last post, my purse weighs 3.76 pounds (without the bottled water). According to Bodybuilding.com, the average woman's purse weighs 10 pounds (can that be true??)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch--I've blocked a sweater!

Yup, the Everyday Cardigan is on the blocking board. Lucky for me it's going to be in the 90's tomorrow so it should be dry in no time. Then I can seam it together and add the button bands and neck band and have it ready for when it cools down to the high 70's.

Also working on two Hats for Alex:


The one on the left is made from some Lion Brand microspun. I have 6 extra skeins of this yarn so if you'd like to knit some hats for Alex, email me, PM me on Knitty or Ravelry and I'll send you a skein on me. I think you can get 2 caps per skein so that would mean 12 more hats for a very good cause.



I'm also working on some secret socks for my Sock Swap buddy, Zknitter. I've hidden them in a in a just- received- in-the- mail Momma Monkey bag. (I'm addicted to these bags)



In non-WIP news, I received this adorable yarn ball the other day from Bezzie's uber hot Random Meanderthings etsy shop sent by my friend Muggle Friend K. That' s right. Her shop is sooooo hot that even non knitters take note.


And I just had to order MORE...

So for you Bezzie, a Brooklyn Tweed knock off shot:


Wait...what's the charm on the end? Toss the fake family photo that came inside and swap, the Patron Saint of Random Meanderings herself:


And I have the ultimate rear view mirror charm. With her to protect me, I'll avoid A-hole drivers everywhere, find every great garage sale in a 50 mile radius and always score a prime parking spot outside the LYS.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

The Everyday Cardigan is looking great - I just love that colour.

Fabulous yarn ball - it's such a neat idea.

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

hehhehe...the patron saint of random meanderings! Love it!! I love my yarn ball too!!

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh.my.god. YOu did NOT put my picture in there! You nut!!!!!

I love your Everyday cardi. Here's hoping it cools down quick so you can wear it!

 
At 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that your purse is that light! LOVE the Bezzie charm. I'm ordering a yarn ball too!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Jo said...

I love how you put Bezzie's picture in there! And how on earth can an average woman's purse weigh 10 pounds? I complain when mine has a paperback novel in it!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hehehe!! I love your patron saint!!

Ahem..I'm a bit miffed with you and your fast knitting!! Not fair! ;) I better knit faster on the TDuster! You are also a big tease! Just you wait...what goes around... hehe!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger KnitPastis said...

Totally can't wait to see your Everyday Cardi seamed up! It's something that you can get a lot of use out of. Cute bag!

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check you out-- all WIP-y and posting mid-week-- that's the CPurl we know and love. Glad things are back to normal.

Cute hats, and I'm sure the sweater will be gorg.

I want my photo in the next yarn ball charm.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger maryannlucy said...

That is sooo funny - I love it! Guardian Angel of Random Meanderings hee hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home