a dillydallyknitter: BS2: Love and Don't Love

Thursday, October 11, 2007

BS2: Love and Don't Love

BS2 post for the week. This week's assignment: 3 things you love and 3 things you hate. Hate is such a strong word so here are 3 things I really dislike:


1.Don't love doing chores (who does?). Two that I really loathe:

i.Pumping gas:


ii.Unloading the dishwasher:


2. The scale.

Girlfriend, lay off the Taco Bell...


3. Ok, here's something I do hate. I hate seeing litter alongside the road. This was a bag of broken beer bottles tossed out a window on the freeway on-ramp. Wrong in so many ways. It's ugly, it's dangerous (who wants a flat tire?) and it means someone was drinking & driving.


As for loves, family & friends, knitting & yarn were too easy so here are three random choices (i.e. they were there when I had my camera):

1. Love: my town's downtown--it's has a cute, old fashioned home towny vibe and also has this little gem, a drive thru convenience store:

You can drive in and pick up a gallon of milk, eggs, bread and
a little sweet treat:

2. Theater. I love going to the theater. I wish I could afford to fly to NYC or London whenever I wanted to see a show. But I'll settle for seeing theater in my favorite city, San Francisco (another Love).


3. Loves me some sleeping Kittehs! (yes, I know this was an obvious choice but half my camera contains kitty photos)



14 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Beverly said...

I soooo wish my town had a drive through like that. We had them where I lived in Ohio years ago, but Kansas has no such thing.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Awww...who couldn't love two furfaces like that???

I LOVE pumping my own gas. When you live under a domineering state government that makes it illegal to pump your own gas you spend 15 minutes AFTER your tank is full waiting for Mr. Lazy Gass Attendant to stop chatting with the convenience store clerk to pull the pump out of your car and complete your transaction, you might learn to love it too. But I'm not bitter or anything ;-)

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate litter too. I have even stopped strangers that I watch throw things on the ground and give 'em hell.
LOVE the kittehs.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger KnitaSaur said...

Kitties are adorable! I love sleeping cats!

And drinking and driving makes me so mad, too. And littering.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger weezalana said...

Hehehe - I love that you say hate is such a strong word, then proceed to use loathe. ;)

I hate getting gas, but I think we're talking about two different things...

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger sophanne said...

mmm sleeping kittehs

pumping gas- going to the grocery sthore (because we don't have the cute place you have) top on my strongly dislike list.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

A drive thru - a slice of heaven. And I loathe litter too. Ugh, I yell at people who litter. Ok, they usually can't hear me from my car to theirs, but I try.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Virtuous said...

I used to love the SMELL of gas until the fixed it so that you can't catch a whiff of the fumes :o(

I have never seen a drive thru convenience store!! We need one!! I am always running to the store just to "pick up" something real quick and HATE having to act like I am going to look 1/2 way decent! Haha!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yay for drive in convenience stores...we had them in college..um..great for other refreshments too ;) Yes, sleeping kittehs are good!! :)

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

HOw cute is that convenience store? Well, almost as cute as those sleeping kitties!!!

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Hm, yes litter makes me so angry too.

I had no idea such a thing as a drive thru convenience store ;)

Love the sleeping kitties.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Eryn said...

Love the sleeping kitties!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Georgiann said...

You can get cold beer in the drive-thru in Ohio -- quite handy -- but you had to go to a state-run store to get hard liquor. Silly buckeyes.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Looks like a nice quiet town.
A drive thru' shop, brilliant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home